Power leveling: Good or Bad??

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Tinkerbelle, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member
    Regular

It all depends on your style of play, as in any game with a leveling system. Some people just want to show off, and while it may net certain rewards quicker, to me it takes away from the whole game-play experience and exploring different areas.

2. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree with most of this. I don't agree with your services though, but even Blizzard sells leveled toons for WoW now (which I don't agree with either, but you charged even more than they do, lol).

I can't blame anyone for wanting to level fast, since most of the fun stuff is at end game (and the quest formula gets boring,, especially now that there is little to no challenge). I always tried to level quickly too, so I could get on to the good stuff.

I wish the leveling experience was more enticing, so I could enjoy the journey more instead of pushing for the destination. Bring back old school WoW.

3. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

As the others have stated it depends entirely on your play style and how you do want to approach the game.

4. thisnthat

Regular

Right. So what's your play style and approach. Do you like to power level (or boost now)? Do you enjoy the leveling process? Do you take your time or rush to end game?

I've done both, but mostly I hurry. I've taken my time a bit on alts at the end of the expac lull.

5. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I try to enjoy the game as much as i can since i feel that it makes the experience at the end much better.

6. thisnthat

Regular

So, you prefer the journey over rushing to the destination?

If I could play old WoW again, I would do that too. The newer versions just make me want to power level and get done. The older version was more challenging, and I enjoyed making friends along the way. It barely even feels like WoW is the same game now.

It still has lots of stuff for everyone, and there is still fun to be had, but it's just not the same.

7. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree the older version was definitely far more challenging and fun in comparison.

8. thisnthat

Regular

Yep, it was designed that way. That's why I'm so excited about the former lead guy making his own studio now. I just know his games will be worth playing. There is something to be said for old school MMORPGs. It's obvious that there is still an audience for them. A few game makes finally figured this out, and there are some games in the works that sound very promising.

I hope they put as much into the leveling experience as they do the end game, so people can enjoy the whole game.

Power leveling makes sense in games like WoW that are built around end game.

9. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well a lot of games at the moment rely on power leveling in order to use the full capabilities.

10. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree, people have different play styles and it all comes down to preferences.

11. walter12

Regular

It's better to take your time to enjoy the game.

12. thisnthat

Regular

They do? What games are those?

I'm just talking about World of Warcraft. It's for sure more about personal preference in this game. I've never heard of a game that forces you to power level in order to have full access. Interesting.

That's definitely not the case in World of Warcraft, even though it's kind of encouraged just because of the way the game is designed (with end game seeming to have become the be all, end all).

13. walter12

Regular

I would say only a few do, since that would be annoying for the player.

14. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes fortunately there are only a few but more are appearing.

15. pmk1996

pmk1996 Active Member
    Regular

The game gets boring at some point so I prefer yo power level to discover new possibilities within the game.

16. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love leveling in WOW but they need to make them more challenging so that WOW players can get the most out of the game

17. walter12

Regular

It depends if your skills dont improve with it then it's bad

18. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is one of those things that you just kind of accept but also do not want to hear about really. There is a word I am looking for but I can't think of I feel like, but either way I do it but I get why it is kind of annoying.

19. crazylexy

crazylexy Member
    Regular

I think that blizzard should start sell accounts with 80 lvl chars :D

20. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think power leveling helps a lot in battles. Even in single player mode that is very much helpful. I'd say in such case you should be definitely trying out the power level mode if required.