Quantcast

Pillars of Eternity

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Aladar, May 2, 2015.

1. Aladar

Aladar Well-Known Member

Did anyone play this yet? I'm really hyped for it, but right now I can't really start a game that will take me tens of hours (exam season and all). I played some of the beta, and really liked it. So, how is the final release? Worth all the hype?

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I played a bit of the beta, too, and the game was great during that beta. I haven't tried the final release yet, but I have heard positive things about it. It's got great ratings from players and critics alike.

3. Aladar

Aladar Well-Known Member

Yeah, it really feels like old Black Isle's second coming. I am not extremely hot on having no experience from the fights, because it just doesn't feel right, but hell, if the rest of the game is as amazing as it looked, I'll be glad to overlook it.

Also, it already seems like the character creation is INSANELY indepth and you can spend hours just making your party, just like in the old days. :)

4. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I liked the story, and also choices do matter in the game and can change the future or how things happen and can be good or bad sometimes. I, think that this game may appeal to some and will take time getting used to the controls in the game. I would suggest to give it a go, and see how it works for you and may appreciate the game and also spend some time in the process.

5. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member Regular

I am looking forward to playing it, just to get back to that old Baulder´s Gate style of party control. We will see how it plays, I´ve been finding out that a lot of the gamestyles I used to enjoy feel really really slow now.

6. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I think Pillars is one of the best CRPGs to come out in a long time. Everything from character interaction to story is top notch. And the game has amazing graphics. You should definitely check it out, even if you play only a couple of hours a day. This game is like a fine wine, made to be enjoyed slowly.