Phantasy Star Online 2

Discussion in 'MMORPG Forums - Site News' started by CrownedClown, Feb 8, 2014.

1. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

So just recently there was a Smartphone MMO thread and I thought that I should share this upcoming game, because it's related to that. It's going to be available for PS Vita as well as Smartphones, so there you have it... portable MMO :D

Here is a game trailer:

The game trailer is in japanese, so for now we are getting only a rough preview, but I think you can see enough of what the game will be about :)

2. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

To be able to play the game using smartphones is probably the huge advantage of this game over other MMOs out there. While playing in a party is not possible on smartphones, you can still farm or level up alone anywhere (provided you are subscribed to mobile internet plan). I'm so excited for the SEA server release. :D

3. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

From what I see from the game trailer at 6:36 they are in a party, though that's the vita/laptop version, but there shouldn't be any difference for phone. We will have to wait for an English trailer maybe or at least till some official English news are announced with more info :)

4. llllllllllllllllllll

A friend of mine who lives in Japan plays in the JP server, and he said the smartphone platform is only meant for single player instance/dungeon gaming. The option to invite other players to form a party is not available on smartphone, though interactions such as chatting in towns or private messaging with friends online is still possible. And I guess this is understandable given the limitations of the graphics card installed in smartphones.

I'm not sure if the same can be said for PS Vita since he don't have one and haven't tried playing the game on that platform.

He did mention that he hardly play PSO2 on his smartphone. He only log in to his account on his smartphone to check the marketplace to see if the item he is selling is already sold and to fish for nice items being sold in cheap price (buy low, sell high tactics lol!).

5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

If I were to buy this game I would defiantly pick it up for the PS Vita, but I don't have one, but the game does look OK.

6. llllllllllllllllllll

You can always play it on the PC, and it is F2P. ;)

7. Yoyoenix91

Yoyoenix91 Member

Honestly, as much as I love Sega, I think they dropped the ball on Phantasy Star. No news of an English release for months, and then they announce it'll be released in English...in Southeast Asia.

I'd rather play on the Japanese servers with translation patches, at this rate. And even that isn't really ideal.

8. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

If they release it in english I'd pick it up again but at the moment I don't feel like patching every week for a game I'd prefer to pick up and play at random.

9. Yoyoenix91

Yoyoenix91 Member

Sadly, that's the nature of MMOs. They grow, expand, and hopefully, improve. The only Phantasy Star game that could provide what you're asking for is PS Zero, or PS Portable 1&2...

10. llllllllllllllllllll

This news just made my day despite having a rough day. I don't think I can sleep tonight out of excitement. (>_<)

Phantasy Star Online 2 SEA Teaser Site Launched

Also, visit the website below and subscribe to the newsletter for a chance of getting a beta key.

http://pso2.playpark.com/en/

For fellow Singaporeans in here, hit me up so that we can share beta keys in case you don't get one or vice versa. :D

11. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

The game looks nice, I'm looking forward to playing it.