Quantcast

Persona Q's Story Is Canon

Discussion in 'Persona 5 Royal' started by Narukami, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/20/persona-q-shadow-labyrinths-story-canon/

I really don't think I like this. Shoehorning this blatant fanservice crossover game into the canon seems like a bad idea to me. Just as bad as Persona 4 Dancing All-Night being canon. I mean, I'm sure they will be great games, but it makes the canon more convoluted to accomodate these new additions.

For the record, the events of PQ start during the festivals of P3 and P4 so I see no way to end the story of Persona Q that isn't a memory wipe. But if they wipe the memories, what's the point? I guess they'll make another sequel (maybe a third Persona 4 Arena) in which they remember the evenets of Persona Q or something...

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

It looks like it's going to be awesome and old school at that. There is a HUGE difference between a dancing game being canon and a full on RPG which expands on p3 and p4 characters. It's going to be awesome.

3. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Hey, I don't like P4D being canon either. It makes no sense for it to be. But at the very least, it's set after the events of P4AU. PQ is set in the middle of the school festivals of P3 and P4, which means the only way they can end the story is with a memory wipe... but then the characters will probably get those memories restored in a later game or something? Because if there's a memory wipe and they NEVER remember the events of PQ, then it might as well not be canon.

Argh, I don't even know anymore.

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Well, yeah it's going to have to end in a memory wipe but it may effect future events..
    Don't forget we still have the P3 MC in his predicament so we shall see what occurs... I hope that in Persona 4 Ultimax they do something about that or maybe in one of the future games.. He was one of the coolest looking mc's.