Necromancer Overview!

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 - Profession Discussion' started by Unknown, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

The Necromancer Profession in Guild Wars 2 derives its identity in their dark arts, draining life and energy of enemies, and summoning the dead. The Necromancer stands as a balanced caster with a large pool of support skills such as Marks and Wells, but also capable of withstanding the most critical fights with a secondary form upon death called Death Shroud that uses Life Force. As a Necromancer, you must effectively manage your Life Force and minions, and weaken your enemies by inflicting conditions and drain their life.

Read the full overview here: Necromancer Profession Overview

2. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

If i go Necro i know for sure i'm specializing in minions.

3. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

You're the 3rd person in these forums to suggest that... this makes me nervous as I would have competition. There can be only one true master of the dead, the game is on! :cool:

Seriously though, Im going to make something similar to my GW1 Necro/Monk. A minion master with plenty of buff & heal power to maintain said army. This will also apply to any other who wishes to serve me as my meat shield ;)

4. Unknown

HA! Don't forget me. If i role a Necro ( don't worry i wont .. at first :p ) It'll be a pure minion build focusing only on minions so that i can have my own little army. :D

5. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

Army of these?
    [​IMG]

6. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

You should be a human or sylvari then...
    Human will be able to summon 2-3 hounds of balthazaar and the sylvari summon a big defensive tree thing.

So there you go.. if you want a big tree or another couple of hounds you can have a whole zoo with you.

7. Unknown

Yeah i'm going to have my second character be a necromancer. Main will be an ele. I like how i went from wanting to be melee to caster professions now lol.

8. Unknown

Omg is that EQOA? or EQ I can't even tell, but I love the reaper!

9. MaxVega

MaxVega Member

That's OG EQ in the zone Oasis of Marr :) There was an island of spectres that would occasionally cross the water and wreak havoc on the lower levels. That zone was level ~17-28 but the spectres were 35 if I remember right. The reason for that picture reference being awesome is Necromancers in EQ could summon them as pets as well as take the form of spectres which was an illusion side of effect of their high level conversion of life to mana spell Arch Lich.

Lol sorry for the splurge of information. I loved EQ and especially loved my Dark Elf Necromancer. That's one reason I am so excited for this game. I have been on the search for a necromancer class that would be as amazing but to no avail. EQ2, AoC, Rift, Vanguard all failed in comparison but from all of the research I have done on GW2's version of the necromancer, I think I may have finally found home.

1 person likes this.
  10. Unknown

Ahh, I played EQOA so I only know that version of the reaper but it was practically the exact same and looks exactly like that.
    I was really hoping for vanguard to bring back the necromancer but you know how that turned out.
    The necromancer in GW/GW2 is quite different though when compared to the one in EQ. I honestly prefer the old school necromancer but I'm liking how GW2 is pulling it off as well. I wouldn't compare the two though since the mechanics are entirely different.

11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I just saw some recent necromancer videos.. enuff said'

[youtube]Tvv9VAc74YA[/youtube]

12. JustTheDrummer

Asura Necromancer all the way ;)