Quantcast

No Voice Chat Between Players?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by guruproto, Oct 23, 2015.

1. guruproto

guruproto Active Member Regular

I saw an interesting rumor the other day that The Division wouldn't allow you to voice chat to players outside your group. I think this is troublesome since you're constantly meeting with other players in the Dark Zone whose intentions are unclear. I would hope that in-game emotes are a thing to compensate.

Without the ability to communicate to other players, Dark Zone will probably turn into a shoot on sight area where no one is to be trusted. Are these just rumors or is there an actual way to communicate?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Really? I surely think that rumor is fake, I don't see why we wouldn't have this feature available since it's so vital in this genre. Imagine CS:GO without voice chat, it would be impossible to play properly.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, I agree with Fuzy. Limiting the communication between players doesn't seem like the best decision for a game like The Division.

4. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

I doubt that's what will really happen. It'd make for inconvenient gameplay.

5. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

That's a dumb choice if that's true. You'd think voice chat among players would be a given since it's a game where you have to understand other people's intentions.

6. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

I agree with the replies above. Not including voice chat would be a fatal mistake. It's such a vital feature in games like The Division that excluding it from the game would give the players, and the game, a lot of a disadvantage. Communication is vital and no one is going to stop to type anymore. It's not 2006.

7. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

I'm fairly sure that this wont be the case. Communication between players will always be vital for this sort of game and I can't see it being left out of The Division under any circumstances.

8. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

So dumb.

9. guruproto

guruproto Active Member Regular

I would think the same as everyone else, but I haven't heard word from the developers that suggests otherwise.
    Here is a quote that started the rumor. It's from the Ubisoft forums:

Yes it is questionable to not allow voice chat between strangers, but other multiplayer games have done the same. If I recall correctly, Destiny was released without voice chat between strangers, but it was implemented later. Also, League of Legends, one of the highest grossing MOBAs on the market, does not support voice chat, but has third-party applications that allow it.

10. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Well-Known Member Regular

Seems as if a lot of games have been doing this lately. It's sad developers can't pay attention to other games and see what makes them engaging and fun. Star Wars Battlefront is doing this, eliminating any chance of teamwork. Ubisoft needs to look at games like Rust and Dayz that have huge worlds to survive in and voice chat. The biggest thrill of a survival game is killing someone begging for their lives, or helping a poor noob. Cooperation and teamwork are forged via voice chat, and if this is true it'll likely be a quick death for The Division, killing off any community that forms around it.

11. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

It would be a nice feature to have in-game chat, but I don't think it's necessary. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have chat capabilities, so we're set there, and PC has so many different third-party programs that you can use to chat in game with. For sure it seems like a huge thing to not include, but even if it doesn't, I don't think it's a deal breaker.