Need help with a WoW- related project

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Virtuden, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Virtuden

Virtuden Member
    Regular

Hello!

I am currently doing a research project for my PhD at the University of Barcelona about WoW players and their characters.My thesis will be about identity exploration in MMORPGs and the different ways in which people create their virtual avatars.

As someone who has dabbled in both the gaming and research worlds, I think the research being done on the field of gaming still has a long way to go, which is why I want to do my bit in making more rigorous research on videogames that goes beyond the overdone topic “videogames good vs videogames bad”. I really think that research on videogames can provide a lot more to the scientific community and society in general.

I am currently looking for World of Warcraft players who might want to participate by completing a brief survey (No more than 15 minutes) and answering some questions in an online interview. If you wanted to share the link with anyone you know that plays WoW and could be interested in participating, that would also mean a lot to me.

You can find the link on my profile, under "Home Page".

If you wish to know more about the project, just ask me and I will be more than happy to explain.