Most OP PvP Profession?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: PvP Discussion' started by Persian, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Caledon

Caledon Teef

Drizzt? C'mon, really?!

You couldn't come up with something creative? I sincerely hope somebody at ANet makes people like you change their names.

We'll have Raistlins, Fistandantilus', Drizzts, etc.

Aren't you embarrassed running around IG, with everyone realizing how incredibly uncreative and boring your mind is that you can't come up with something on your own?

2. Silas

Silas Well-Known Member

Yea youre right , i was getting at that.. i just know for a fact that mesmer will be hard to figure out.

Anyway i kinda changed my thinking about OP Professions. I still stay with what i said but i dont think we can call it OP anymore.. cus Anet said this game isnt to hard to balance for them so i have faith in that.

3. Fishmonger

Fishmonger Active Member

haha sorry that i was only 15 when it first came out and i was heavy into R.A. Salvatore.
    arent you embarrassed calling out a 15 year olds' mind? haha. And whats wrong with reppin one of your most treasured characters in a book? Oh thats right i forgot, its not each-to-his-own anymore. everyones gotta criticize. =D

4. Fishmonger

Fishmonger Active Member

you dont understand....any class i choose will be OP because I AM OP

5. Silas

Silas Well-Known Member

You know what they say about people who brag to much right ?lol
    Btw nobody is able to know if theyre gonna be sick in this game yet, unless youve played a demo ? And even than its kinda dumb to say cus there is ALWAYS someone better then yourself.. keep that in mind.
    Anyway atleast youre excited about the game lol

6. Fishmonger

Fishmonger Active Member

lol it was all jokes guys, except for my name, i love it.

7. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

I hope rangers/necros can't just send a pet after someone & just sit there. = 0 skill

8. Gutrippa

Gutrippa New Member

It will be interesting to see which class does prove to be top dawg in time. I think Anet has done a terrific job in giving each class an Aura of OPness to it. I can see where each one can prove dominate when played with skill.

Personally though, I'm chomping at the bit for some mano e' mano wit meself=Warrior vs a good Necro as I am 1v1 against a Warrior wit me own Necro. Should be maximum awsum sauce in either case :)

9. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Im sensing its just gonna be "Who figures out the best skill set for their class" is whats gonna be OP. Then a month later, those skills will be nerfed. In GW1, no one thought 'corpse explosion' was bad at all, until necros like me, started using it in pvp... then all of the sudden it got nerfed to uselessness... I remember that Anet... I remember.

So the point is, the first couple of months, there'll probably be OP skill sets across the board, but they'll be nerf batted...

10. Microasian

Microasian Asian Power

I hope they have it handled a lot better in GW2 since the game is actually made for pvp.

11. Im Healin You

Im Healin You Member

I don't particularly mind which class is OP or which ones are under powered at the end of the day they will eventually be balanced out through nerfing of skills, etc.

I chose to be a class closest to a healer before the beta coverage even started and seeing as thats the Guardian thats what i shall be :D OP or not :)

12. Chaosx

Chaosx Active Member

My vote goes to Necro being the biggest pain in the ass to kill, but I think as far as "OP" goes, it's a little too early to tell. I have seen some great pvp footage of pretty much every profession so far, and they all look fairly balanced. I think it will come down to player skill, environment, and team work.

1 person likes this.
  13. Christiani

Christiani Member

I was watching a vid on youtube for a post beta wrap up and in one vid was explaining how the ranger due to the pets are making it hard in pvp... In another video Mikeb was discussing how an elementalist will take you down so fast you don't know what hit you. Mind you I think alot of it deals with the skill of the player too... not just the class itself. But I agree from previous MMO's trying to take down a pet class is rough so i'll go with Ranger/Necro as the most OP guess.

14. Csydora

Csydora Member

I'm going to go with Necro. Seems brutally hard to deal with.