Minecraft Movie in Production

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by firestarian, Mar 3, 2014.

1. NeroFerk

NeroFerk Well-Known Member

This should be interesting. I have to see it to believe it though. If it ever comes out, I would go and see it first hand to see if it is good or not. I see that the Lego Movie producer is the one calling the shots? I thought he was working on a Lego Movie 2 soon. That was the rumors anywhosle.

2. aurorawinter

aurorawinter Member

It seems there are a lot of movies coming out of video games right now, I fully support a minecraft movie. Everyone else has been able to do it, and i'd love to see steve go on an adventure with some of his other friends.

3. secondhandsaint

secondhandsaint Well-Known Member

I can't say I'm excited for this. I'm not sure why it needs a movie. Does anyone really think the story of the game is interesting enough to warrant a two hour movie?

4. mark973

mark973 Well-Known Member

I'm excited for this. There have been plenty of fan-made Minecraft shorts but not actual movies. I guess it would take too much time but finally we are getting one. Maybe this will go in the same direction as Lego Movie and will even have a sequel. We'll just have to wait and see.

5. zpeot

zpeot Member

The LEGO movie was great so I'm excited about this. I honestly wasn't expecting much from a movie with LEGOs but it blew me out of the water.

A movie full of Minecraft humor and references will be great. I wonder who the cast will be.

6. Edware

Edware Well-Known Member

I'd never heard of this until now. This is a really awesome idea and I can't wait to see this movie now. Too bad it won't be out for quite a while. I just hope they don't screw it up and actually make a quality movie out of it because if they don't it'll feel like such a waste to me.

7. jesse jeffers

jesse jeffers Active Member

This is a great idea at first, until you think about how hard it will be! But I hope it works out great! The Lego Movie's producer is good, so he will make it work! I will go to see it!

8. mmmaske

mmmaske Well-Known Member

I'm half hoping it would be a gritty, dark movie but I'm fully expecting it to be a kiddie thing.

Azurix likes this.
  9. mark973

mark973 Well-Known Member

Perhaps they could do something like Lego Movie.

10. Azurix

Azurix Well-Known Member

Wow! I am extremely excited for this movie! I imagine the animations to be somewhat like Element Animation's "An Egg's Guide to Minecraft" animation videos on YouTube. (Which, you guys should definitely check out! They are hilarious. Here is a link to part one: )

I've never seen the Lego Movie, so I cannot comment on that. But as for the people on this forum questioning how it would be that a movie could be made from Minecraft gaming, well.. check out the video above! It may just be a bunch of hilarious nonsense, but it has potential and great ideas that could lead to so much more; something that i'm sure this movie will be leaning towards, as well! :)

11. Azurix

Azurix Well-Known Member

Well, they did say they would attempt to throw in some action! Hopefully, as mark973 said, it will be something like the LEGO Movie. :)

12. mmmaske

mmmaske Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I haven't seen the lego movie yet. Which one? Aren't there multiple lego movies? What was the movie like?

13. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

Heck yeah! I'll be pumped for this movie to come out. I'll be waiting with popcorn to watch it with my friends. We all play and love the idea!

14. Rhodie

Rhodie Member

I absolutely adored the lego movie, and I play minecraft all the time. I also enjoy watching the Minecraft music videos that are on youtube. I would pay to see a feature film.

15. ACN

ACN Well-Known Member

I think it'll be quite bad lol :D I can't imagine what the plot would be like but that's just my opinion

16. ironman88

ironman88 Active Member

I'd love to check it out, I mean it'll definitely be interesting at the least. I haven't seen the lego movie so I don't know what to expect. Minecraft can be a pretty beautiful game so I think they could bring the excitement of playing on your own into a movie.

17. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

Minecraft would be cool as a movie. At least the concept sounds nice. Video game movies are becoming more popular, but they don't always get it right on the big screen. I haven't seen any trailers for this yet.

18. mcjonesqwe

mcjonesqwe Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think it'll be that good either. I've seen some of those shorts on youtube that aren't bad, but I can't imagine watching a movie about Minecraft for longer than forty minutes.

19. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, the film's director just dropped out of the project a few days ago, so that tells you where this is going at the moment.

20. primaLucid

primaLucid Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, there was a Lego movie that came out, so I have high expectations for a Minecraft movie. I'm excited to see what they can do about the plot and visual effects. Minecraft in general is not a graphically demanding game, but in the movie industry nowadays, visual effects are vital. I'm interested to see how they will adapt.