Metro: Last Light Bugs, problems and glitches

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by epicfailarrives, May 14, 2013.

1. toddhd

toddhd New Member

NPC speaking volume is erratic

Just started playing Metro this evening. I'm enjoying it, but I'm having a real problem with the sound. It seems like the game is trying to implement directional sound in regard to the speaking voices, but mostly it's like I'm deaf in one ear. If I am not looking right at the person speaking to me, their voice gets very low to non-existent. I can literally be standing right next to someone, and see the sub-titles going but hear NOTHING unless I turn and face them. I've tried plugging in some headphones, but it doesn't help.

This is really ruining the game for me, as I miss most of what is being said, especially in cases like the beginning of the game where: (*SPOILER*)

you are sneaking around the Nazi's and your camarade is telling you what to do. If you aren't near him, and if you miss the sub-titles because you are busy sneaking/killing, then you get lost.

Is there any fix for this?

2. tamalero

tamalero Well-Known Member

you probably will need to edit the CFG (configuration file) and force it to 2.1 audio or something o_o

3. Dante Rising

Dante Rising New Member

Please Help. Resolution Bug

I'm still unable to play Metro, because the game keeps defaulting to 1440x480, and the resolution toggle is empty in the games options. This makes the game unplayable.

-I've updated to the latest Nvidia drivers.
    -I've updated windows 7 completely
    -I've changed BOTH user.cfg files to 1920x1080
    -Steam has updated the game to the latest patch.

As soon as the game starts, it overwrites the user.cfg file located in C:\Users\Taltos\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro LL\110000102eda733 to 1440x480.
    If I try to change the resolution in game, the toggle is empty and the game crashes if I attempt to press it.

The only "fix" that allows me to play in 1080P is by playing in windowed mode. But that drops my framerate below 20. As soon as I try the fullscreen option the game reverts to 1440x480. Any help would be appreciated

Panasonic 55" plasma via HDMI
    Alienware X51
    Geforce GTX 660
    Win 7 64 bit
    8GB RAM

#303 Dante Rising, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
  4. Dante Rising

Dante Rising New Member

Here is my user file if it helps. I've bolded the area where Metro keeps making adjustments to the resolution. Thanks again.

_gamepad_preset_sens 0
    _show_subtitles 1
    aim_assist 1.
    auto_aim_border 0.25
    unbindall
    bind changemenumap kESCAPE
    bind wpn_2 k1
    bind wpn_3 k2
    bind special k3
    bind wpn_4 k4
    bind wpn_5 k5
    bind popup_weapons kTAB
    bind medkit kQ
    bind forward kW
    bind use kE
    bind wpn_reload kR
    bind filter kT
    bind chat kY
    bind wpn_next kLBRACKET
    bind wpn_prev kRBRACKET
    bind menu_enter kRETURN
    bind crouch kLCONTROL
    bind lstrafe kA
    bind back kS
    bind rstrafe kD
    bind wpn_light kF
    bind gasmask kG
    bind console kGRAVE
    bind sprint kLSHIFT
    bind crouch_toggle kZ
    bind accel kX
    bind wpn_dynamite kC
    bind wpn_fast_knife kV
    bind nightvision kN
    bind map kM
    bind jump kSPACE
    bind retranslate kF5
    bind cam_zoom_out kSUBTRACT
    bind cam_zoom_in kADD
    bind pause kPAUSE
    bind up kUP
    bind left kLEFT
    bind right kRIGHT
    bind down kDOWN
    bind wpn_fire mouse0
    bind wpn_aim mouse1
    bind wpn_knife mouse2
    fps off
    g_diff_start -1
    g_game_difficulty 2
    g_input_hand 0
    g_laser 1
    g_quick_hints 1
    g_rangefinder 0
    g_show_crosshair on
    g_swap_l1r1_l2r2 0
    gamepad_preset 0
    inv_y_controller 0
    invert_y_axis off
    joy_boost_max 2.70000005
    joy_boost_speed 2.
    joy_sens_adhersion 0.69999999
    joy_sens_aiming_x 0.30000001
    joy_sens_frict 0.69999999
    joy_sens_linear 1.
    joy_sens_x 0.40000001
    joy_sens_y_scale 0.89999998
    joy_slowdown 0.30000001
    joy_zone_boost 0.99000001
    joy_zone_peak 0.89999998
    joy_zone_slow 0.17
    lang_sound us
    lang_text us
    mouse_curve_coef 70.
    mouse_curve_num 1
    name must
    net_friendly_fire 1
    net_stats off
    ph_advanced_physX 1
    popup_preset 0
    preset0_aim_assist 1.
    preset0_auto_aim_border 0.22
    preset0_joy_sens_aiming_x 0.44999999
    preset0_joy_sens_x 0.5
    preset1_aim_assist 1.
    preset1_auto_aim_border 0.25
    preset1_joy_sens_aiming_x 0.30000001
    preset1_joy_sens_x 0.40000001
    r_af_level 1
    r_api 2
    r_base_fov 50.625
    r_blur_level 1
    r_dbg_stereo_separation_base 0
    r_dbg_stereo_separation_zoom 0
    r_dx11_tess 1
    r_enum_ssaa 10
    r_fullscreen on
    r_gamma 1.
    r_quality_level 3
    r_res_hor 1440
    r_res_vert 480

r_ssaa_auto 1.
    r_supersample 1.
    r_tess_ss 0
    r_vsync off
    ranger_mode_game off
    s_dialogs_volume 1.00
    s_effects_volume 1.00
    s_master_volume 1.00
    s_music_volume 1.00
    sens 0.40000001
    sens_border 0.5
    show_game_ui 1
    sso_connect_tries 0
    sso_first_time 1
    sso_receive_updates 1
    sso_receive_updates_thq 1
    st_particles off
    st_physics off
    st_profiler off
    st_sounds off
    st_tracks off
    stats off
    vibration 2

#304 Dante Rising, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
  5. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there is going to be a patch released for the 360 soon? Ridiculous that the game has frozen more than Fallout 3 or NV.

6. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Learn2PC

7. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

No idea what you mean by that.

8. civildissension

civildissension New Member

Walking within the moving train glitch

Hey guys. First time here. Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but here it goes.

I got Last Light off the Playstation Network for PS3. In case you've never tried running up and down the moving train like an idiot near the beginning of the game, then you've missed out on a glitch. I learned a little something about the engine. If you move forward on the train whilst the train is turning, then you'll find yourself outside the train and you get to move around the scene, tethered to the train. It's like if the train is the plain in which you move, even as this plane itself is in motion. The force of your movement is just added to that of the moving train. I guess the sections in which the different outside rooms attach to one another act as seams that if you find your way into, you're given temporary access to the outside scene.

Fun fact :)

9. shaqqo

shaqqo New Member

You find a fix yet?

10. Lazzerus

Lazzerus Active Member

Do you have a surround sound headset?
    I have a g930 7.1 and had the exact Same problem. All I did was switch the button on the side of them from surround to stereo and back and its never done it again.

11. Forkinator

Forkinator Active Member

I would really appreciate someone helping me with this very strange issue. ill make it short and to the point.

I have played metro last light through the whole campaign at least 4 times. Out of nowhere now when i press the hotkey for Medkit (Q) and flashlight (F) my game instantly quits to desktop. I have tried switching hotkeys and no matter which key i bind those actions to it still crashes to desktop.

The only fix is safe mode. While in safe mode if I change my resolution back to my native, then the game exits safe mode and goes back to normal. Strange thing is though if I play the game this way then the above issue is gone. If i load the game right now without starting in safe mode and i load the chapter and press medkit key or flashlight key then I will crash to desktop.

Please help! I tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling my nvidia drivers but don't know what else it could be. This is an issue with the game not individual keys. No matter which key i bind to medkit and flashlight it will still crash.

12. Justaszx

Justaszx New Member

Invisible Artyom

I have exact same problem here i searched all google and couldnt find the solution,if you know the solution please tell me :(

13. Alex0328

Alex0328 New Member

Help! No air filters in the swamp!

I am suddenly moving very slow, I am not crouched. Is there a hidden run/walk toggle?

I check someone 'lets-play' to see if it a part in the game where you move slower, but its not the case. All of a sudden I am moving very slowly. Sprint works, but it too is slow, even slower then normal speed.

14. BlinDog

BlinDog Member

Did you try reinstal the game? and no there is no run/walk toggle and it depends on where you are if you are in D6 or in other city/station place you are only walking, if you are in the tunnels you are almost running.

#314 BlinDog, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2013
  15. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Maybe you're in a occupied station such as Venice, theatre, Police, etc.? In these locations, your walking/running speed becomes slower and you will be unable to walk/run as fast as when you're on the surface, uninhabited tunnels, etc. If it’s outside of a station, the only place this happened to me was in the bandit's level. Though for me, I was stuck in a crouching position. Whenever I would get off the rail car and crouch, I would become permanently in that that state until I climbed back into the car, climbed back off, so on and so forth. My fix was simply restarting the chapter from the beginning.

16. Krissy

Krissy Member

Help! No air filters in the swamp!

I am stuck in the swamp at the gas station with no air filters. I need to take the ferry but I suffocate before I can do so. I've looked everywhere I can within distance before I suffocate. What should I do?:(

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Take off the mask, count to fourty, then take it on and quickly off again and count to fourty, and repeat as long as you can. That'll probably be very difficult with all the things you have to shoot though, haha :D

18. Jastreb

Jastreb Active Member

Haha, I'm stuck at same exact place as you are, my watch messed me up (it said i have 20 minutes, even though i have 0:tsk:) so i was messing around and lost all filters.
    Well, restart the Chapter and be faster;)

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

I thought I'd have a problem with filters in Last Light, but I never experienced it except one time, which was right before going down to Theatr with Pavel. I jumped down the escalators to the station entrance with only twenty seconds left on my last filter, and Pavel was all "We got to hurry!!" and sloooowly stumbled down. He hadn't even begun descending the escalators at the point where I was already at the bottom, looking up at him. We fought the Watchmen while my eyes flickered at the timer going shorter and shorter, until there was one second left, then I got to the checkpoint. That was the closest evar :D

20. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

There should be some tucked away in the nooks and crannies around there, I cant remember exactly were they are though, haven't played that level in awhile.