Lost Save Files

Discussion in 'Fallout 3' started by troutski, Jul 17, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Did you ever have the game just lose one of your save files without cause? It's something that seems to happen more so in open world games than other games, and I know it happened in New Vegas and even Skyrim, too. It's quite frustrating, and there's not really a solution. Luckily, it's a mostly rare occurrence!

2. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

No, never happened to me. I've read about that online, some people have definitely had that experience. Maybe I was just lucky but I've played most Bethesda games and it has never occurred.
    Either way, I save all the time. I have more than 200 saves for each playthrough. Pretty excessive, definitely, but I like to be on the safe side.

3. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have been down that road, not so long ago. I was playing Fallout 3 and, at first, I loved the intro in the vault, but after playing it so many times, I hate it now. I just got out of the vault, and got to around level 6 or 7, taking things really slowly, passing every speech check and stuff like that. When I got into the game tomorrow, I had no saves. There was just a new button. However, I think this was because of the Games for Windows LIVE thing. It bugs out occasionally, and if I don't log in it, it won't even keep my saved games.

36 people like this.
  4. troutski

Regular

I feel like Skyrim suffered from disappearing saves a lot more than Fallout 3.

5. troutski

Regular

Or am I the only one that feels that way?

6. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've never experienced any lost saves in either game. I used a mod to disable GFWL with FO3.

7. troutski

Regular

Open world games are far more susceptible to corrupted or missing game saves than other types of games, for whatever reason. I guess you could say that there's a lot more data to lose in saves with such games. Who knows?

8. troutski

Regular

I've lost a few save files while trying to mod them, especially on consoles, but that obviously comes with the territory. I didn't expect to lose those files, but I wasn't surprised when it happened.

9. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thank god no, that would be brutal after investing so much time into the thing to have it all just disappear.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

With modding maybe, but I had a backup anyway since I was expecting things to go wrong. Still, I heard a lot of people complaining about this issue as well, don't know what's up. Maybe a ghost not minding its own business? :p