Quantcast

Leisure Suit Larry

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by RolePlayer, Nov 19, 2015.

1. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

Is L.S.L. considered an RPG? It reminds me of the old King's Quest games on the computer. It is definitely for adults. Has anybody else ever played these games? or am I the only pervert here?

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I see L.S.L as more of an adventure Point and Click game more than anything. I remember playing at least one game, though I can't remember the title for the life of me. It had its funny moments, but I guess the game just wasn't for me in the end.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

As SereneAngel88 said, it isn't really an RPG game. Though if you enjoy the game I guess it doesn't matter the genre, right? :D

4. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

You are definitely not the only one, it's a pretty popular series as far as I know ( or was ). But these games are definitely not RPG-s, they don't even resemble them in any way.

5. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Popular? I only knew about it since I was looking up more Sierra games to play after I bought the Gabriel Knight games on a whim. Other than that, I never even knew the series existed until I saw one of the games in a store a decided to buy it since I couldn't get the game I really wanted and was in the mood for more Point and Click adventure games.

6. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

Well, its popular in its niche. Not everyone wants to play a perverted game, haha.

7. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member Regular

They were pretty popular back in the day, just because they were so unique. For me, the humor ´missed´ a lot just because the people who were at the age to play the game in the late 80s and early 90s didn´t realize that the games were basically satire of the late 1970s. They satirized a very unique point in time that not many lived through.

8. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I think the Larry series can be considered true Adventure games. They are not RPGs for sure, but you can get a ton of amusement out of them.