League of Legends

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by Deezy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Deezy

Deezy Best in the World

I've been killing most of my free time with this game recently since I can't bring myself to even look at SWTOR. Just wondered if any of you guys play LoL and wanted to play a few games sometime?

IGN: Squallangel (don't ask, inside joke)

2. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

I have friends addicted to it, I don't like it though ><

TBH its because of Warcraft 3 and DOTA. I disliked DOTA with a passion when it came out.. and then my hate for it started to grow as it took over the game list on WC3 till no games were available BUT DOTA.

Since then any game related in game style to DOTA in any way I have instant hate for.

<3

3. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

Whats so appealing about games like LOL? I could never get into it. Whats the point when you start from level 1 again every game.

4. Deezy

Deezy Best in the World

Most of the appeal, at least for me, stems from the same rush I feel when playing PvP in an MMORPG.

It's not the same, I know. Fewer abilities etcetc. The fun in the game comes from trying different item builds with different champions and seeing how it stacks up against other players. Also the thrill of out playing another player in these DotA games is similar to how you feel when you outplay another person in an MMORPG.

Starting from level 1 each game is just part of the fun. The only way I can describe it, is like reading a good book that you know the ending to - but you want to read it to find out how it gets to that conclusion. That's why leveling in every game isn't irritating.

5. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

Atleast half my friends on FB play this game.

6. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

LoL has the most debase, childish, rude, ignorant, elitist, & pathetic community I have ever seen...

... and yes, Im lvl 30 in ranked.

7. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

You sound butt-hurt :p

8. Deezy

Deezy Best in the World

I agree it is a really childish community.

I feel like GW2 will be similar. Not as bad, but definitely similar. It seems PvP seems to entice people acting immature.

Added the fact GW2 won't have any sub and you're opening up the door to a whole lot of immaturity. Be prepared is all I'm saying.

9. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

I think it will be the same as however league of legends is (I only played it a few times) but having no subscription fee and low computer requirement... yeah get ready for a storm of immaturity, best thing you can do is surround yourself by your guild to avoid interaction with them lol.

10. Deezy

Deezy Best in the World

Absolutely. I can't remember the site off the top of my head. But I remember clicking a link to a GW1/2 elitist forum a few months back. It was like 4chan except people where trolling each other about GW and speculating how they're going to "pwn da e-sports" in GW2. The amount of elitism made me cringe.

11. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

A good tpmmo is world of tanks. Its FTP and fun. Only bad thing is matchmaking sucks after tier 3. The development guys promise some fixes next week or two.

12. kerrigan

kerrigan Member

How long does it take to get to tier 3 in that game?

13. Deezy

Deezy Best in the World

World of tanks huh? What about that new C&C web browser mmo eh? :p

14. kerrigan

kerrigan Member

C&C WHAT?! O.O This could be interesting.. if it's anything like renegade was, loved that game.

15. jorgea

jorgea New Member

Thanks for your review of this game

16. Aventine

Aventine New Member

I only recently started playing it and I must say I quite like it. It is not the type of game I tend to play, though.
    It sort of bothers me that you continuously start on lv. 1 whenever you start a new game.

The community is very immature, too.

League of Legends is solely a game I am currently killing time with... nothing more or less.

17. Deezy

Deezy Best in the World

That's pretty much what I use it for as well. The game is most enjoyable when you queue with 2-4 other people and fire through some games.

Sure you'll run into your immature asshats from time to time but it's not enough to ruin the fun.

As always if any of you guys want to duo queue / group queue hit me up in game.

IGN: Squallangel

18. SChristian

SChristian Member

Haven't played in a while being as most of my friends that I play with are too busy playing Diablo 3. :p
    But I'm down for a game whenever I'm online. :D

IGN: Dasratha

19. Zahra

Zahra Member

Oh god, LOL is a drug. I suck at it because I'm still technically a "noob" - but that doesn't matter! If I feed the enemy, who cares? I want that possible chance to win.

IGN: Joyti

20. Hobo Bannon

Hobo Bannon Member

LoL

I play lol with my Clan however I found that by the time I got to level 20 (ish) i was already getting a bit bored.

I know there is a whole metagame and each game is different and learning different roles, but with one map.... it does tend to get boring.