Last Light is delayed

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Shurfire, Feb 13, 2013.

1. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Decent multiplayer idea to me, like "Defense" but longer. I've always loved a good last stand situation, and I loved BF3's Rush mode. Though I remember those awesome ideas in the other thread.

Anyway, I'm sure only Deep Silver knows the release date. Until we get news otherwise, we have the March release date to go by.

2. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Last Light has potential to have an amazing multiplayer. What I mostly want is an amazing single player, but if the game can have a killer multiplayer why not? I would love co-op defend the cordon/station against bandits or mutants. Assault the station/defend the station. We could have Reds vs Nazis or Reds vs Rangers or what ever and have it like BF3 rush while also having mutants in the middles attacking everything. Maybe some bandits sometimes come in and cock block everything. Defend the caravan would kinda be like left 4 dead style with there being a caravan moving and mercenaries defending it against player bandits.

The game shouldn't get any free-for-all bullshit or team deathmatch crap. The game should get special modes that are amazing.

3. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Plus, it would make sense for there to be no sort of team deathmatch or free for all. I mean, no station, ('cept for the reds or maybe the nazis) has the manpower to throw men into metaphorical fire.

4. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I hope there is no delay plain and simple. Such a delay so close to it's release would be such a piss off. However, just because I hope such an event doesnt occur that doesn't mean I wouldn't understand and respect such a call.

5. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Yay, Saints Row 4 is going to be released this year.

I doubt it will be delayed and I am sticking with that and no one can change my mind. Even if it is delayed I will go to my local EB Games and asked to buy a copy of Last Light and if they say no I will demand to talk to their manager.

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

But if it's delayed then they won't even have the box........

7. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Minor details, Stalker... Minor details.

8. GreatWolfSif

GreatWolfSif Member

Founds this source saying that MLL will be released on March 13th. I don't believe this at ALL, but I felt obligated to post:)....nevermind, I can't post URLs because I don't have 15 posts. Found it on n4g.com. An article from the 10th of Feb.

9. SagaZelda

SagaZelda Well-Known Member

http://n4g.com/news/1170934/metro-last-light-release-as-early-as-13-march

But, I think that this isn't true.
    In Amazon Spain you can see the released date on March 5. :derp:

http://www.amazon.es/Metro-Last-Lig...X11Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361366433&sr=8-1

I think It will be released on April 10th :rolleyes:

#29 SagaZelda, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
  10. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

11. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

You do know stores get a game about 2 weeks before it comes out right?

12. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I know but if its delyaed by more than 2 weeks than what?

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Actually, as is written in the Universe of Metro book series, some stations have went to war against each other by forming alliances (both in the Moscow metro and the Sankt Peterburg metro). Besides, the stations have more than enough power - and if something essential for everyday life on the station (like an engine-generator) is stolen by a different station, then they will do more than just send many of their citizens into the line of enemy fire to retrieve because the population would quickly die out without it anyway.

Anyway - if Last Light is to have multiplayer at all - then I don't see any harm in having something like team deathmatch... however, I wouldn't want it to be boring like in CoD. They'd have to add a unique spin on it to make it interesting; otherwise I agree that they just shouldn't include it at all. Also, a free for all/deathmatch would indeed be really stupid and pointless. It would make no sense from an atmospheric, thematical and story point of view. It would go completely against the setting of the franchise.

#33 Bamul, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
  14. Skaara Dreadlocks

I can see it clearly right in front of me: I'm playing Metro Last Light Online, the group is choosing weaponary and preparing for the confrontation during a countdown. The countdown finishes, and everyone are now able to move. I see rangers or nazis or reds jumping up and down running in circles and twirling around like headless chickens. xD
    Really, I'd love for all possibilities within Last Light, but if they're going to do it simple like Counter Strike Source, then no. Just no.

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

^
    Do my idea. Not this foolishness.

16. Trollfacer

Trollfacer Member

i have heard that it comes out march 31

17. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Was going t come somwhere in march.. But since thq died and now deep silver has it that's a BIT harder.

18. Trollfacer

Trollfacer Member

19. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

greenman gaming cancelled my pre-order copy, how weird. I guess it's delayed or a technical fault

20. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I canceled my pre order long ago......... (3.000 years ago, or 5000 in the dub) (anyone get the reference?)