Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

Most of you have probably seen or heard of this upcoming game, but a while back it didn't look very promising (At least not to me). But recently, it's gotten to a whole new level with many updates, especially with this new 11 minute long video. Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]?v=NlK3MURumeE[/YOUTUBE]
    They have several other explaining videos on their youtube page :)

There are several features I'll love about this game; Open-world, RPG, the unique and complex combat system, but one thing that really impresses me in this video is the amazing character customization (CC). Not only will the CC be very varied in both appearance and armor-functionality, but it will also be in several layers like in real life. I've tried doing some simple basic modelling in Garry's Mod, and when you use several layers, you have to shrink the inner layers because otherwise you would have to expand the outer layers (to avoid the layers clipping through each other) and that would make the character look a lot bigger than natural, which would of course look very weird.

Take for example in real life, a gambeson (thick padded cloth-armor) on the legs would bulge a bit, but if you put armor outside of it, the armor will squeeze tightly against the gambeson and make it thinner, or "shrink" it. I've understood that this isn't done much in games that have character customizations. Like in TW3, you have one large piece of clothing&armor as one item, say for example a green gambeson-torso with a chest-plate armor outside. You're not able to change the gambeson to another type of underclothing because it's all one piece. But in this game, you will be able to change both the undercloth and the outer layer (armor) because the developers will "hand-craft" every single combination. It's a lot of work, and that makes it very impressive because not many games do this as far as I know.

This is explained very simply at 9:00 in the video.

Now, I guess I'm probably more or less the only hardcore medieval-geek here, but are anyone else interested in this game? :)

2. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I'm interested as hell mostly due to the fact that I want to roleplay as the most unlikable, selfish bastard there is because, you know, I like playing as myself

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

:lol: Haha. I actually just pledged to it. It's a bit expensive, but I'm crossing my fingers that it's worth it. Tomorrow I'm gonna try out the beta version :)