Kalash (AK-74M) vs. Kalash 2012

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Teddy Picker, May 18, 2012.

?

Which do you prefer, the standard Kalash or the Kalash 2012?

1. Standard Kalash

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Kalash 2012

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, what's the consensus? Who likes what? I prefer the standard Kalash because it has much higher damage per shot.

#1 Teddy Picker, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  2. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

I voted for the standard Kalsash just because I the standard AK look more then I like the 2012.

3. Out of the two I'd prefer AK-74M over the AK-2012 (Never used either of them in Metro though).

Out of all weapons I would still pick Bastard over anything else.

4. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

The AK-74M was the best-looking AK I've ever seen in a game, only neared by the one from FarCry 2. I just couldn't relate to the Kalash 2012, it was not a "weapon of the metro" to me. It looked like some special force weapon, not a dirty, powerful and unrelenting rifle of the metro, like the standard AK... Damn, do I love that gun :p

5. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

AK 47 and AK 74M, nuff said :D

6. Derp

HD version
    [​IMG]

HD version
    [​IMG]

7. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I have taken that one into account. Still, I think the Metro AK is sweeter.

8. I assumed we talked about the most accurate depiction from a non-subjective viewpoint for some reason.

9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

What about the AN-94? Russian paratroopers assault rifle. PROS: It cool because it has an insanely accurate 2 burst fire mode and hold a grenade launcher and a bayonet at the same time.

CONS: expensive, uncomfortable to operate, very complex mechanism (jams easily)

And also I hate the bf3 version because you can easily hear both shots (almost impossible to hear in real life) and the real versions magazine's leans to the right 7 degrees ( not visible in the game ) :(

10. Well, we are supposed to be talking about Metro 2033 here, so let's not derail the thread any further. The RPM of AN-94 burst was also fixed in the latest patch.

11. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

I voted for the 2012 because I always used it due to it's bigger mag and the fact that it is depicted as better I assumed it was.

12. Teddy Picker

It depends on personal opinion. The Kalash 2012 has a HUGE rate of fire, even faster than the Bastard, but it's damage per shot is, well, "meh" to say the least. The standard Kalash, on the other hand, is amazing in terms of damage per bullet, especially when using MGR - it's unrivaled. But like Komodo has previously said, I usually don't buy weapons or pick any up because I've played the game so many times. Gotta make the game interesting somehow, right?

13. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

The Standard 'Kalash' as they put it for me

The Ak-2012 ingame should be redone to match the real Ak-2012 (Ak-12) in RL
    Would be sweet, but would lack any major diff for the non-Realism guys due it it being just a re-modeled Ak.74 with all the Rails and whatnot built in and a bit more boxy

But An-94 would be sweet, would love to see the game open to modders so we can have more varaitaion with An-94's, Bisons, Saiga's making it into the game

14. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

I must go with the Kalash 2012. Mostly because it represents finnish P90 and i really like that gun (thank you Stargate Gate) and mostly because it has epic megazine saze ( 50 rounds) and in the real life it is really great because you can see how meny ammo you have in your mag (well until we get some epic RIG that would help monitoring your bullets :D) , but if i were a metro cityzen i would go with regular Kalsh, becaue as i see it it is a lot simple to maintain then the Kalash 2012. The mane reason AK47 (or newier versions) are so popular is that it is very easy to maintain them in diferrent conditions so it can go throught allot without jamming and it is impotant in metro where you have only limited resourches. This is only my opinions so dont be hash on me :)

15. Hey Teddy, don't forget to add these two to the first post:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Teddy Picker

Thanks Komodo, done and done.

17. Teddy Picker

It'd be cool to see AN-94's but let's be real here: the AK series has always been the most durable assault rifle in the world. My brother, a veteran of Afghanistan, would seize caches of AK-47s in boxes, loaded with dirt and dust, and they would still be able to fire. The AN-94 on the other hand is extremely fragile, basically like the first model of the American M16 issued in Vietnam. Prone to jamming, requiring constant cleaning, etc. In conclusion, the only assault rifle that would realistically be able to survive twenty years of post-apocalyptia is the AK and it's variants. In regards to the Saiga-12, it is based on the Kalashnikov action so it's definitely feasible that it could survive for that long.

Sorry for the long post :D

18. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

But im still have of a logical problem: how metro citezens was able to bring so meny guns and ammo to the metro in the first palce... Yes yes im avere of russian mafia and that every russian have mokorov in his pocked ( jk jk ). And knowing that the few that know how to enter D6 was killed by radiation or mutants i dont see how they could have hold of so meny military grade weapons.. maybe it is only mine bad knowleage about Mascow, i hardly can remember my last visit there...

19. Limited production still goes on on stations like "Kuznetsky most" (Armory). They are making new guns such as Revolvers, Bastard ARs, Uboinik and Duplet shotguns, as well as small numbers of Rail Guns and Heavy Automatic shotguns. Supposedly they also produce AK-74Ms and VSK-94 rifles.

They also re-load bullets, thus the dirty ammo is abundant.

Smithy at the Armory station:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chemical lab:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Teddy Picker

You raise a valid point, but imagine the situation. Nuclear war is about to come, so what's that mean? All nation's military's are on their highest alert status. What does that mean? All units are armed and they're all ready to ship off to God knows where at any time. Even police officers and national guard units would be armed to the teeth. So, I assume there were at least some AKs in the Metro. Plus, Armory Station was located above -take a guess? - an Armory, so old workers were probably able to bring down weapons and they probably made a few as well. In the book, however, high end weapons are far more rare (I think).