Is anyone going back to re-play previous games?

Discussion in 'Fallout' started by NinjaTael, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

I just recently finished the New Vegas ultimate edition, and I would say I am done playing old Fallout games. I had never heard of the series until thre, but have never played the first two. There are too many newer games I want to play and save my money for, that these games just don't seem worth my time. I have too many responsibilities to be playing video-games all the time these days,

2. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

I revisited FO3 since the announcement, and I'm having an okay time. I have to admit though, I'm a lot more excited for the next game than I am for playing this one. Playing FO3, I can't help but constantly think, "Oh, this will be so much better in FO4..."

3. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

As soon as I heard the announcement I started to replay fallout 3. I love how this game is a little different every time I play it. And Fallout New Vegas is one of my favorites!

4. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, I did purchase Fallout 2 and I have to say I'm having quite a lot of fun with it. The again, I'm somewhat of a sucker for isometric RPG games (which reminds me, I need to finish Energy Breaker sometime soon...)

5. ccarpenter117

ccarpenter117 Member

I started playing Fallout for the first time and have really enjoyed it. I have all the originals from a Steam sale and want to play through at least 1 and 2 before 4 comes out, I'm not sure I'll have time though since we are down to a little over a month left. Who knows though, I may put all my other games on hold so I can beat those two.

6. Nuka-Cola Girl

Nuka-Cola Girl Active Member

I have been doing that in my free time but I'm nowhere close to finishing and Fallout 4 is just around the corner. Not enough hours in the day. :p

7. c0stell0

c0stell0 Member

I am sure I'm in the large majority when I say I started with Fallout 3 and have not gone back to play Fallout 1 or 2, yet. However, my wife recently bought me the Mini-Nuke Anthology set, so I am planning on booting those up soon!

8. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't played Fallout 1 and 2 yet, and I'm planning to do so eventually. Well I'm at least going to play Fallout 2 since I've heard that the original is pretty bad. I'm assuming these games run well on modern operating systems?

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

They run well. I know the GOG versions do at least. Fallout 1 is still a fine game, I mean it does feel dated but if you don't mind the fact that it's an old game and it lacks some of the quality of life improvements it's totally fine.

10. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thanks, I've bought some other GOG releases and they didn't run well on both Windows XP and 7. As for Fallout 1, I don't mind the game being dated and I love isometric RPG-s but I've heard that the game gives you very limited control of your party members in certain situations and that Fallout 2 is a lot better in that (and every other) regard.

11. dabdab

dabdab Active Member

Definitely, I've been playing a bit of Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas while waiting for Fallout 4 but now that the wait is over...

12. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've been thinking about it, especially since I won't be able to play Fallout 4 for at least another two months. I've really contemplated getting back into these older games since I'm sure my crappy laptop can run them at least. I doubt it will be able to run Fallout 3, but we'll see once I get to it.

13. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

New Vegas is as old as I'll go these days. I'm definitely not playing the first Fallout or anything like that. The reason is once you've got your hands on the better stuff, playing the older, less-impressive versions of that aforementioned 'better stuff' will do nothing good aside from destroying the good impression you've had on the game. For example, you liked Fallout 2 back when you used to play it regularly in 2001. But now that it's been overshadowed by it's successors (big time) they look bad and you start thinking like, "This was cool then.. but certainly not now."

It's like watching the new Tomb Raider game trailer and then playing the very first Tomb Raider game where Lara Croft still looked like a walking block of cheese.

14. d'arakh

Regular

Oh, I agree, but some games are timeless regardless of the graphics. I mean, I've recently re-played Age of Empires II and I've had loads of fun.

Also, isn't New Vegas pretty much similar to Fallout 3 in terms of graphics?

15. Delirium

Regular

Well usually I'm not the kind of person who makes a big deal out of a game's graphics, but being used to play games with crystal clear graphics, I have to admit that it's kind of hard to play them, which is a shame because some games are stellar regardless of their graphics, like you said. Age of Empires II was great and will remain a timeless classic, the same with The Sims 2 and the first The Sims.

And yes, it is! By 'previous games' I was actually thinking of the first Fallout and Fallout 2, not 3. Fallout 3 is great and I've been playing it for literally years so I've gotten to the point where I really don't mind anymore.

16. d'arakh

Regular

I see your point and I kinda understand it, but I've been playing the games with some bad graphics over the years like indie games or replaying some old classics or even checking out classic games I have missed when they came out. That's probably why I'm "immune" to bad graphics, but I can certainly understand how someone from your perspective might find them a little harder to play.

17. Delirium

Regular

Possible! I don't really enjoy old classics anymore because I'm so used to super good graphics. I'm far from being as extreme as some gamers who refuse to play a game if it doesn't have super cool, crystal clear graphics, but yeah, they do bother me to an extent. As much as I hate it, I'd be lying if I said they don't.

18. thatsgoodnews

thatsgoodnews Active Member

Yes, every Fallout players should check out the previous version of the game. The graphics the previous games is not as interesting as the new ones but they are still an amazing game.

19. thatsgoodnews

thatsgoodnews Active Member

I would highly recommend you to check out Fallout 3 because it's a fantastic game. You can watch the trailer before trying out the original game and I bet you will be impressed.

20. themusicliveson

I was actually in the middle of a New Vegas play through when Fallout 4 was announced.

I'd like to go back and replay Fallout 2 since it and New Vegas are my favorites of the series. I replayed Fallout 3 last December and while I still like the game, I feel like it and 4 are some of the weakest games in the series so I don't think I'll be replaying it any time soon.