I want to draw your rp character!

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Storchburp, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Storchburp

Storchburp Well-Known Member

Ok, I used to do quite a fair bit of fanart etc but dropped off for about a year and I want to get back into it. I have a Deviantart but no inspiration and need practice.

So I'd like to offer SIX slots to draw peoples' Metro rp characters, one per person. I do not know how long they will take to complete or how good they will be as I am out of practice, but I will do my best. If it goes well and I get back into the rhythm of things I may do more, but not until the first six are done. You also need to have made at least TWO rp posts anywhere on this forum...that's just to stop someone creating a character just for free art.

If interested, please post here with your character's name and description. Age, sex, clothing, weapons and equipment, facial/physical features and emotional expression (where visible).

I may draw them interacting with each other, and they may or may not be coloured.

I will close the batch when I have six descriptions, so hurry! :p

#1 Storchburp, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

I must say it is great of you to do this, I've been wanting someone to draw my character for so long! I of course will accept if you decline, but either way; Good luck! :)

Character alias:
    Ghost

Birth name:
    Benjamin Soprano

Hair colour:
    Dark brown

Eye colour:
    Extraordinarily light brown. Orange to the un-trained eye

Hairstyle:
    Many thick well-made Dreadlocks with a few golden beads in it, reaching down to his shoulders. The ones that would be hanging in front of his face are combed backwards.

Facial hair:
    None.

Clothing/Armour:
    Wears an unrecognizable grey camouflaged suit that is barely visible under his thick, heavy, dark brown coat which is stuffed with bulletproof plates. The coat has two pockets on the chest-area and on the sides of the legs. The leg-part is splitted in two parts lying around his legs with spaces in between, allowing the man to walk/run easier. It goes down to just covering the leg-protecters made of thick metal-plates. He also wears a pair of black leather gloves along with a wide equippment-belt around his waist outside of the coat.

Weapons:
    On his back there is a long, black, slightly curved sword-sling with a sword-handle sticking down into it. On the bottom of the handle there is a shining silver ring hanging from a short but strong thread. An HKG36 (The long version) on the side of his backpack. On the side of his belt, there is an unusual pistol which is thin, but tall and long. It has a thread wrapped several times around the handle, and beside it, there are some syringes in his belt aswell.

Other equipment:
    An average-sized backpack containing a few filters, a few medkits, an attachable silencer, a bandana with an attached flashlight as well as some various cantines of food and water. A British S10 SWAT gasmask with two filters and tinted lenses hangs on the side for easy access.

Other details:
    The man is very tall, but quite skinny. He seems to be older than 40 and his voice is very deep. Almost as deep as if it makes the walls vibrate when he talks.

Also, I made these screenshots in Garry's Mod:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those of you who have seen and read my previous Metro-cartoon probably recognize Sung to the right with a strange weapon I don't know the name of, a cigarette in his mouth and a katana on his back. Kimii to the left with some strange short version of the AK47 and a katana on her back as well. Three dead people, one chopped in half and gutted out :p Two guards in the back with each their AK47 and a worker behind them working on one of the traincarts with a german gas mask. And then of course, there's Benjamin in the center with his HKG36K, katana and tranquilizer gun. Hope ya like it :D[/QUOTE]

3. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Please, do my character :D I still do not have a picture in my head of his exact looks, so whatever you draw will proably be how I'll see Nikolai :D

Name:
    Nikolai Vyachteslav Konovalev
    Looks:
    Just around 25 years old, full-on beard and a few tattoos, most of which have Asetru (Ancient norse mythology FYI) motives. His entire back is one big tattoo of Midgard, Asgard and Utgard (I think it's called). He also has tattoos of the Fenrir wolf and the worm of Mitgard respectively, the last of which circles around his biceps. His voice is fairly deep, and along with the beard and numerous tattoos, this makes his appearance somewhat brutal to some. His hair is very short, though not shaved.
    He is very muscular, and has the record for most arm-laying victories at the bar of Novoslobodskaya.
    His height is nothing unusual, around 185 cm.
    Eyes are brown.

Equipment:
    AS Val with Kobra optical red dot sight (Special gift from the leader of Novoslobodskaya for great courage)
    Black P99 (Received as a bonus in a drug deal)
    Full, modular vest with room for 8 AS Val mags and 4 P99 mags, radio, dump pouch, etc.
    Fighting axe (A relic from his religious beliefs, though still very functional at close range)
    Entirely black uniform.
    Hip flask with vodka.
    Canteen with vater. He likes the hip flask better.
    Always carries a bit of hash.

Traits:
    He owns and plays a balalaika, and he is renowned for his storytelling around the campfire. Sometimes he gets a glass over the thirst, and he also has a quite a taste for hash, which he makes use of fairly often. Besides, he hardly ever shows fear, and tends to be positive in any situation. To add to that, he is agile, and when he moves in the darkness it is almost like he becomes one with his equipment - like his AS VAL is just as much a part of himself as his own, beating heart. This allows for stealthy and smooth movement, skills that are good to have in your repetoire as a drug dealer and soldier.

[​IMG]

Emotion: Bloodlust/rage. Imagine the mood in a fight with the Reds after a team mate has been killed, as he attacks :p

4. Storchburp

Keep them comng guys. :) Darkbringer, just note that I might not be able to capture most of Nikolai's tattoos as they would be under clothing, unless he really tends to walk around topless/naked :p It seems to be pretty cold in much of the Metro universe and characters are dressed warmly when away from a fireplace.

5. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Yeah, you don't have to include that :) It's more in there for the tanktop fireplace storytelling scenes :D

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm not actually an active member of the role-play at the moment, but I'm one of its oldest members who are still around and I have used two different characters on it for various periods of time - so I hope that's enough to make them candidates. :) I'll post their character sheets here, in the spoiler tags below.
    Character alias:
    Volk

Birth name:
    Unknown

Hair colour:
    Blond

Eye colour:
    Blue

Hairstyle:
    Short

Facial hair:
    Stubble with soul patch

Other physical features:
    He is around 2 metres tall, with a well-built physique. He is tattooed around his right arm. Has various scars around his body, some knife wounds; some mutant scratches.

Clothing/Armour:
    Wears dark green, military camouflage pants with a large, black, studded belt - also a thin, white shirt (with sleeves) underneath a medium-thickness bullet-proof vest with multiple pockets. Around his torso, two bullet belts crossed over each other. He dons a black, leather long coat over everything and usually wears a brown, furry ushanka hat (with its ear flaps down, when on the surface). The coat looks quite old and worn; maybe he had already owned it before the blast. He has black, fingerless gloves (with hard studs on the knuckles) to cover his hand. In addition, a pitch black and almost perfectly round, ball-shaped gemstone hangs from his neck on a thin string as a necklace, as well as some dog tags - though not his. The words on the dog tags are written in Polish, with a relative’s name & military rank on them.

Weapons:
    TT-33 Tokarev pistol with an extended clip (looks almost brand new and in perfect condition), highly customized & modified AK-74 Kalash assault rifle with a telescopic sight attachment (the outer casing of the weapon looks old & has numerous scratches on it, but the mechanisms inside seem in top-notch working order), long, gladius-like combat knife made for Soviet troops before the blast (the dark brown handle has “1941” carved on it).

Other equipment:
    Black MP50 gas mask (looks quite new and well looked after), harmonica (old but works), golden lighter (large and bullet-shaped, capable of producing a 5 centimetre or 2 inch flame), flashlight (with a strap to put over your head), dark grey, medium-sized backpack with many pockets - inside it; mushrooms and any scavenged tins of food, reserve flashlight, hip flask for strong alcohol, canteen for water, brown wallet with documents in it, military first aid kits, bandages & medicine.
    Character Alias:
    Polina (Полина)

Birth Name:
    Unknown (first name is most probably Polina; the Russian version of Paulina/Paula/Pauline)

Ethnicity:
    Slavic

Hair Colour:
    A very dark brown; possibly black.

Eye Colour:
    A type of blue which is so bright it sometimes makes an impression that the eyes are glowing.

Hairstyle:
    Tousled; down to the neck in length.

Other Physical Features:
    Short in height (about 162 cm), slim body, pale skin, no middle finger on left hand, small nose and thin eyebrows, a pretty face with either a cold & emotionless or sad expression most of the time.

Clothing/Armour:
    Dark skinny jeans, brown hiking boots and a bland black shirt with a grey bomber jacket worn over it.

Weapons:
    Restored Walther PP pistol (standard 8 round magazine) - black in colour, silver stiletto switchblade.

Other Equipment:
    Bullets, bandages with small first aid kit kept in left pocket.

Backstory:
    I will add entries here as more information is discovered in the roleplay.
    I actually have a picture of Volk's face (madeusing character creation of Mass Effect), but I didn't copy that part of the character sheet so that if you decide to draw him you can imagine it yourself. It'll be more interesting this way. :)

7. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Wow this really cool of you man! Alright here's mine.
    Name:
    Mathew Jackson
    Nationality: American
    Hair: Black
    Hairstyle:crew-cut.
    Eye color: sapphire blue.
    Physical characteristics: 6ft,2, Athletic build, thick stubble, Scar going down from top left of his fore head down to the middle of his left cheek, Three clawed scars on his right cheek, Blind in left eye, semper fi tattooed on his left arm.
    Clothing:
    MOLLE system with extra padding on left shoulder, dog tags around neck, thick black sweat shirt with left sleeve rolled up, black Baggy pants, thick Black fingerless gloves, brown Boots, bandanna bulled down over left eye, backpack with straps to hold weapons, pistol holster on right Leg, knife holster on left shoulder,ranger helmet.
    weapons:AK 47 with reflex sight and silencer. M1911 45. pistol, duplet
    Gear: gas mask full face, Trench knife with spiked knuckles, canteen, first aid box.
    Emotion: cautious with a hint of sadness, and regret.

I included my my guys nationality since i figured it might have an effect on his appearance.

#7 Clear Sky Stalker, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  8. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I gotta get in on this!

Name: Gena

Hair: Dark brown (buzz cut)

Eyes: Deep blue

Physical features: 6' 1" average muscular build, Missing piece of right ear.

Clothing: Flora uniform (Jacket and pants, faded of course), Black leather jacket over top, black combat boots, black striped telnyashka.

Equipment: PMG gas mask, hand held flashlight, simple medical supplies, 3 filters, some food, water canteen, black 3 hole balaclava, M68 helmet.

Armor: 6B23 body armor, ANA 6sh92-5 AK rig (to fit snug over the vest).

Weapons: OTs-14 with suppressor, original CZ-75 pistol, Combat knife, 4 grenades, sawed off 870 shotgun (like the one you've seen in countless films).

It would be really cool to see how you picture this character and I'm really looking forward to seeing it if you draw it!

#8 Aaron, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
  9. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Reading back on your character you begin to realise you forgot a few things.

Birth Name: Anton Oborin

Appearance: Brown short hair, Sapphire Blue eyes, 1.8 metres tall, Slightly muscly and Average weight. Anton's hair goes up in a curve at the front and is parted at the side.

Clothing/Armour: Dark pants and shirt. Can be usually seen wearing a trench coat with hoodie sewed onto it. As protection he usually wear spaulders and bulletproof vest. Black gloves mask his scarred right hand.

Equipment/Weapons: Ak-47 with detachable scope and suppressor, Revolver, Throwing knives and a normal knife. Black gas mask to match his clothes, Head flashlight as when as a carry able flashlight, copper lighter, journal with compass, seven filters and two medical kits.

Backstory: Anton was born in the year 2009 in Moscow, Russia. His childhood was like anybody else's until he turned four. Anton was in the Moscow State Library with his family as part of his fourth birthday. He was looking through children's books to which had the best pictures when all of a sudden the sirens started to go off. His father being skeptical about Moscow being bombed quickly told Anton, his two sisters and his mother to collect as much books as they could and follow him. Anton as well as the rest of his family safely arrived with many other survivors in the Metro.

As the years passed Anton and the rest of the survivors that were with him started to form a civilisation in these tunnels and named it Polis. Anton learn't how to survive within these tunnels and how to survive above ground through brief visits to the surface. Anton soon decided that he would need to one day go out to the tunnels and explore what is out there. He joined up with the closest caravan as it set off to go out to into the metro tunnels.

10. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

Oh man I am excited.

Character alias:
    Alek

Birth name:
    Aleksandr Demyam

Hair colour:
    Dark, tainted by the coal dust of the metro

Eye colour:
    Dark Brown

Hairstyle:
    Short, dirty matted hair, lack of care for personal appearance.

Facial hair:
    Rough stubble.

Clothing/Armour:
    Thick woollen trench coat covers faded army fatigues and scraps of Kevlar interwoven. Has a black balaclava to shield from Moscow Winter though only wears it when in the surface, also has several layers of extremely dirty and worn military trousers. Thick, worn in leather boots.

Weapons:
    Has the revolver with rifle stock and extended barrel for hunting with the scope. Has a home-made single barrelled bolt action shotgun which consists of the Uboinik stock and grip, a single barrel and a bolt to load and lock the shells in place one at a time. Also has a single throwing knife with the Revolutionaries motto: "¡No Pasaran!" etched in the handle. After joining the Revolutionaries he now has a semi-automatic SKS rifle.

Other equipment: Has a single PPM-88 with at the most 3 filters on him. Has a hand-powered dynamo flashlight. Has a battered collection of books, he always has a copy of "Macbeth" in both English and Russian on him and a small medical guide.

Other details:
    Very young at 16, Alek was born after the nukes fell. Born into a family of actors, both his mother and father died when he was just 13. Forced to fend for both himself and his younger sister, he had to take his father's old revolver and hunt rats to feed both of them. Slowly, he began venturing further and further out into the metro system and even to the surface to gather materials to sell at the market. Very idealistic, he had always wished to join the Revolutionaries after a chance encounter in the surface. His commitments to his family prevented him from doing so. His sister had just found a job as a cleaner along her new found partner in a different station, leaving Alek alone.

11. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

So yeah, I might be to late but figured I post it anyways, been a while since I was in it, due to school, but I'll be back in summer:D

Birth name: Sergei

Hair colour: Dirt blonde

Eye colour: Blue/grey

Physical Description: A tall, very skinny, young man. large nose (aquiline nose) and weak dark stubble on his chin.

Clothing/Armour: Black turtleneck sweater Worn green military style parkas, washedout brownish cargo pants, Black military boots and a grey beanie with a flashlight attached to it and a pair of biker goggles hanging round his neck.

Weapons: A battered old Aks-74u and a combat axe.

Other equipment: mysteriously new and fresh medical supplies, various minor tools, gas mask, a couple of spare filters, a lighter, some batteries two spare mags, a journal and an old metro map and a rucksack, liek this[​IMG]

Background Info: Not much is remembered from the Time Before, as Sergei was but a child when the world cleft asunder. Growing up in the station of Tulskaja he helped out much in the Station infirmary where he learned the trade of medicine and healing. When he grew old enough he went out on caravans to the stations nearby, during which he learned how to use a rifle, using raiders and mutants as target practice.

Personality: Tends to get a bit nervous when in a crowd or in the center of attention. Also stutters a bit. Quite shy, he seldom talks to new people, although those who know him finds him a kind if somewhat clumsy soul devoted to helping those around him. Is sensitive to anomalies.

12. Storchburp

Guy's I'll have to stop at GoodLordApollo for now. That's six in total; and I don't want to commit to more until one batch is done.

13. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

This is very nice of you man :D

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

I assume you retired from this project? :p

15. Storchburp

Nope, its still on. In fact I've completed yours Skaara, just finishin up a third character before posting as a batch.

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

hurry up so you can draw mine! XD

17. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

you never even posted your info for him.

18. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I'm waiting for him to finish the first batch :p.

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hmm, his last post was over half a year ago :l I really hope he didn't completely forget about us. That would be really devastating, especially after he has actually finished the drawing of Benjamin! D: