How does Archage compare to other MMOs in your opinion?

Discussion in 'ArcheAge' started by Whitewolf2578, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I myself love the game, but then again it is still new as it just came out. I still play other games like Guildwars 2 because they have a lot less bugs and I love the storyline. I can see Archage doing very well though, maybe even pulling more players from other MMOs.

2. Catalyst64

Catalyst64 Well-Known Member

I would say it is the hottest MMO right now and if Trion do their job and polish the game, the population will rise a lot and it will be a top game like it is supposed to be. There are certain features of the game that are revolutionary for all MMOs and the whole idea behind the game is great so I would definitely say it compares great to other games of the kind.
    Its main problem right now seems to be the queues, but as it looks, the developers are working on the problem and they are trying to rise the population capacity.

3. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

It doesn't own up to its feature list. Then again, the game is new. Trion told the world that the game offers a world sprawling with activity, with the ability to form governments, cities, trade routes, etc, etc, etc, but ultimately fall short in holding up to the mass demand of the players. It feels like the game was promising to give millions of players a chance to do epic things, but end up being a game that give a handful of players a chance to do a few great things.

I may revisit the game in a year and see how it pans out.

4. Biafra

Biafra New Member

Yes I would definitely say it is one of the hottest MMORPG's on the market at the moment. It's still new, so the hype is still big, but in my opinion even after few more months the game will still be highly populated. I must say it's really something new compared to the other MMORPG's released recently, and it's better then most of them.

5. NocturnalMuse

NocturnalMuse New Member

I expected the game to be a little rough, so when I started playing I tried to just focus on enjoying the leveling. I haven't gotten too high in level yet, but I fell in love with the little lion mount I got. The mount system isn't like anything I've played before so it's got that going for it at least :) The crafting system looks like so much fun too! That might be its saving grace for me. I look forward to navigating it when I get a bit more time to play.

For some reason I'm having issues with the way your character moves. Turning my character feels like keyboard turning for me, even though I'm using my mouse. It feels so wrong, I know it's a small nit picky thing to be bothered by but it's really frustrating! I wonder if there's a setting I can mess with to help it feel more fluid.

6. Daniburu

Daniburu New Member

Actually Archeage has gotten such good feedback from players that more and more players are leaving other games for Archeage! It's the newest and hottest thing in the MMO world right now. Though future patches will definitely make or break whether people will stay or not.

7. Al_n

Al_n Member

I haven't been able to try Archage yet. But I need to. I've got a lot of background in different MMO's like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Aion, and many others. So throwing Archage onto that list is a definite must for me, and hopefully it'll be able to draw me in for good. It looks very promising!