Here’s Why Fallout 4 Was Announced So Close to its Release; The World Will Be “Really Huge”

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 News' started by FuZyOn, Aug 11, 2015.

1. jessaashley

jessaashley Member

I thought it was interesting that they announced so close to the release date. It just seems like icing on the cake, after all we don't have to wait a year or two for the game like for other new games. The shorter marketing campaign probably made for a more curious consumer as well.

2. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member
    Regular

That and it really helps quickly build up hype, without there being as much of a chance for people to get bored and have the excitement sizzle out.

3. Jessica Pipgrl

Jessica Pipgrl Active Member

I love Bethesda's approach they took with announcing the game so close to release date. Even though this benefits them, it felt like they were giving me an early Christmas present. I am tired of developers making me wait forever for a game to come out. The timing is perfect!!

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

The way they announced it was perfect in my eyes. The game gets released fairly quickly after the announcement, and because they held off on the announcement until the game was fully complete, means there will (likely) been no corner cutting with the game. It also has the perks of making people even more hype for it to come out!

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends, really. Rockstar posted the first trailer for GTA V in 2011 and that was half bad half good. While they started to build hype the gameplay and graphics changed immensely over the course of the years. Fallout 4 is really hyped anyway.

6. LIGHTSOUT

LIGHTSOUT Well-Known Member

It's pure hype is what it is. Having a trailer video with a release date that isn't that far off for a game title as widely known as Fallout has an effect on people.