Have you tried Galactic Starfighter yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by Rocketman, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

Title says it all. I play starfighter quite a bit. I think I've played about 50 matches so far. It was pretty fun but it's started to get a little stale. I like how you can upgrade your ships, but I don't like how you need to start from scratch for each character you make. It kind of sucks losing all your progress and being stuck with a weak uncustomized ship. The gameplay is pretty fun. It seems relatively well balanced and gives pretty good rewards.

Have any of you managed to give it a try yet? What do you think?

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I really don't know much about it but I'd like to. I'm thinking about picking up the game again but I want to know what it's like. Is it closer to Battlefront II piloting or X-Wing or what? How GOOD is it?

3. Rocketman

I find it pretty enjoyable. You need to be a subscriber to play right now since it's still in early access. Basically, you have 2 sides and you try to capture 3 satellites in the middle of the map like domination games in first person shooters. First team to reach 1000 points wins. I think they're releasing some new content soon but I haven't watched the trailer yet. It's pretty nice and pretty fun. Not really worth getting a subscription over by itself though IMO.

4. jbeavis100

Preferred Access just got it so I might redownload swtor and try it out. I'll let you know what I think if I get around to it.

5. Rocketman

For sure. I would recommend maybe watching a lets play or two. There's a bunch of obvious stuff that I didn't figure out until a few games in like how to fire missiles or switch targets.

6. jbeavis100

Alrighty will do. If I tried to jump in I'd probably end up doing the same!