Quantcast

Have you read the Kingdom Hearts manga?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts' started by niightwind, Jul 21, 2015.

1. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

What got me into the Kingdom Hearts series was actually reading the manga of it. I read the manga of the first series and I loved it so much that I got the game. From then on I've been playing the games first & then reading the manga series when they come out. Its fun, because sometimes the manga adds things to the story that I could have imagined being there in the game as a good way to keep the plot flowing outside of the game play, as well as believable dialogue during fight scenes that isn't present in the games. Its like the two intertwine together when you read/play both of them.

Anyone else read the manga? :) What did you think of it?

2. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I've read the manga 3 years ago and it's really funny. I don't really remember the title but I think it's 358/2 days. Tthe main character is Roxas and the Organization 13 were the characters.

3. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

No, I haven't, but I probably should.

4. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

I didn't even realize they had some, I'll definetly probably check it out when the release date for the game gets closer as a way to pump my self up and get hyped to play the game ahha.

5. ChilledFlamez

ChilledFlamez Member

I read the first 3 issues of the KH1 manga and issue 2 of the KH2 manga. I thought they were hilarious and really well thought out. Wish I could read more when I have the time to.

6. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

I haven't read it yet but somwhere I saw that it's pretty funny and not as serious as the games, although the people claimed that was the best part about it. Not sure how much truth is there to that, but either way I am really interested in reading it, any idea where to find it?

7. ChilledFlamez

ChilledFlamez Member

I read it years ago, so I don't know if it still holds up as well. I do remember it being pretty funny though. If you want to go the cheapo route, it's all on mangareader.net. If not, the complete set for KH1 (4 volumes) can be found in Barnes and Noble and on amazon too. The rest can also be found on amazon. Since there was licencing issues with the original English translator, it might be a little tough getting them, but it's there if you look.

8. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

Thank's for telling me about mangareader! I think I will read some of it while waiting for some KH 3 news later today at D23!

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

I have a couple of volumes of the Kingdom Hearts manga that I found at Goodwill, but I'm primarily a fan of the games. I'm casually collecting the manga volumes but I prefer the games because part of the magic of KH for me is the music and the acting. I don't get the same warm fuzzies from the manga.

10. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

I really didn't realize that there was a manga for Kingdom Hearts. I'll definitely have to check it out. Although, I'm pretty sure I'd rather have the gameplay than read it.

11. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I remember reading a bit of the manga and did not really get into it and playing the game on the Ps2 has made me want to pick up the manga again and will be interesting to read the story again, and will keep my mind relaxed as well. A manga can have many things in it which may be left out of the game and also it can also help the reader learn things, and also picture it in their mind like they are in the background. It is something I may do in the weekend as I will be more free, and also have the time to do things which can take my mind off the things which can be stressful.

12. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Kingdom Hearts has a manga? That's certainly a surprise to me since I played most of the games without even realizing it. I guess I have something to do over the weekend now thanks to that revelation...

13. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

No I really haven't, though I might look into it one day.