Quantcast

Have you ever received an event pokemon by physically going somewhere?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by SLTE, Jan 15, 2016.

1. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

This doesn't happen as much anymore, but back in the older games of the GameBoy and the GameBoy Advance Nintendo would semi-regularly hold special Pokemon-related events, such as movie openings and general gatherings, where you could line up and grab a special pokemon for a limited time. I'm pretty sure Mew was the first to be the star of an event, but there have been tons since - and they're made way too easy, now, since most event pokemon are available through downloads.

Did anyone here ever get to go to one of these events and receive some swanky legendary pokemon? I never did, because they never really came to Canada - not my part, anyway - and I kinda envy those who had the chance.

2. Humble

Humble Member Regular

I miss those days so much! This wasn't on my Gameboy but on my DS, but I remember going to Gamestop and getting a Celebi during the events. Nothing too fancy, but I heard that at some events you could get like Shiny Entei's or Shiny Suicunes. It was crazy! Unfortunately I was too young at the time to drive myself, and my mom couldn't take me. I kind of miss being able to do that. Also, I just wanted to note that I live in the US so I probably had more opportunities than you did to go to these events.

3. ikarosalpha

ikarosalpha Active Member Regular

Something like that doesn't happen often near the remote insignificant place where I live. Also, the only time that I knew it was happening anywhere near, I wasn't at home for a while, so I missed my chance. :/

4. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

The only one I can ever remember doing is the same one Humble mentioned, which is that Gamestop Celebi for HG/SS. I missed out on this recent Diancie from McDonalds, I think.

5. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member Regular

I wish I had! Unfortunately, back when this was a major thing, most were way too far away for me! I remember being absolutely gutted when I heard about all of the special events going on. Me and my cousin complained about it so often.

6. Ridge

Ridge Active Member Regular

I went to EBGAMES a couple times for event Pokemon over the past few years. They will be giving Mew away this way next month.

7. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

McDonalds and GameStop still do these sorts of things in the US. :) Last month there was the Hoopa event at McDonalds. And then some of the upcoming 20th Anniversary giveaways will be GameStop exclusives as well. (EB Games being the UK alternative, I believe.)