Has anyone played spin-offs?

Discussion in 'Doom Spin-Offs' started by razer, Nov 15, 2015.

1. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only played Doom 64 but I'm interested in Doom RPG as I love RPG-s. Has anyone played them?

2. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've played Doom RPG, but way back in the day. Brings me back. I was an angsty teenager on weekend at the house of a family friend and my folks just hung around with them and there wasn't anything to but play this game. I'm not sure if the game or the situation I was in made so interesting.

3. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

So what did you think of it? Was it a good game?

4. d'arakh

Regular

Like I said, I loved it. But it could be that I loved just because I didn't have anything else to do. It was pretty short, I think I was able to easily beat it over the course of the weekend, but then again, it was a mobile game, so what can you expect? It looked similar to Doom I and II that I remember.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I remember playing DOOM 64 back in the day. It was really good for that time, crazy to think how far we've come!

6. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm an idiot, thought it was developed for PC or a console( a shame they didn't). Definitely not playing it now. Even if I could find the game, I wouldn't like playing it on a tiny mobile phone screen.

7. d'arakh

Regular

I'm sure you can google and find some emulators perhaps. I think that then you could probably adjust your screen and play on your PC.

8. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played a lot of Doom 64, but other than that I cannot think of any spin off I've played. I am open to the idea of playing a spin off. I just never got a chance to sink my teeth into anything aside from the PC and 64 games.

9. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Emulator ( if there is one) might be easy to set up but the game would be hard to find nowadays.

10. whiskey2whiskey

whiskey2whiskey Active Member

I recently tried an emulator of Doom 64 since it was so strange and different. Somewhat unrelated: if you're into modded games, try out Brutal Doom. It's by far one of the greatest mods you can use in the base game.