GW2 Guild Perks, Buildings, Temp buffs, Etc...

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by Tak, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Loads of detail on the guilds in this video.

Here's an overview.
    Players clearly earn guild influence. This is a currency that allows players to....

Drop a banner giving all who touch it an XP bonus for 1 hour.
    Temp buffs allowing the purchase of guild emblemed weapons and armor.
    Crafting buffs enhancing materials collection and build queues.
    WvWvW bonuses such as more health, better xp, more rare drops in wvwvw keeps, power, speed, guild catapult, etc

Guild vendors allow you to buy rep/inf and of course store items and money.

[video=youtube;zi6GAbVATOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi6GAbVATOA&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

2. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Love the karma rewards for certain areas. Also love how they show you your profession, and rank in it, on the guild roster. That way you can show your dedication in 'x' craft, while knowing to ask others in help with another.

3. Orien

Orien Member

Very nice. The guild interface looks wonderful and easy to use as well as displaying what appears to be a TON of info.

All those purchasable perks/resources/etc look great and give me a lot of hope for what guilds will be in the game. Obviously guilds play a big part in the theme of the game but to see what is in game already is very exciting!

4. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

Wow this is all amazing, I'm watching the video and a ton of others right now. *adds queue*

5. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

So if your the winning team you get a temp buff to buy items?

6. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

From what i could decipher you win influence 3 ways...
    • from succeeding in PVE dynamic events
    • contribution in PVP
    • purchase outright with in game money
    This is inferred because there are buffs to increase the amount of influence gained in pvp/pve and in the video one of the guild vendors literally sells influence.

Now you can spend the influence on all kinds of buffs. One of them grants temporary access to guild armor/weapon vendors. You can see in the video on the guys human character his guild didn't have the buff to buy from the vendor. When he switched to his Char toon he was able to buy the buff and browse the guild vendors.

7. Delvie

Delvie Well-Known Member

From my understanding each character chooses which guild (you can belong to multiples) earns influence for that session. Then everything the character does during that session adds to the guilds influence. Something I saw gave me the impression that grouping gains greater amounts of influence than soloing but not positive on that.