Guardian vs sentinel

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by Fabio, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Fabio

Fabio Member

Hey, guys... Can you tell me about the pros and the cons of both advanced classes (the guardians and the sentinels)? Like, for example, which one gets the coolest gear?

I'm leaning towards the Guardian because it can get Force Push, and I find that really awesome, but I'm also curious to find out your opinions about these two classes...

2. Merlin87

Merlin87 Active Member

3. Ananda

Ananda Member

Sentinels are all about burst DPS, Guardians are more versatile and can lay down sustained DPS while having some crowd control ability. Guardians you can switch back and forth between DPS and tank, while Sentinels can only ever be DPS. You would still have to grind up gear for both specs though.

4. Sandstorm

Sandstorm Member

I simply love how Sentinels can dual-wield lightsabers, and their high DPS suits my playstyle.

5. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that Guardians are more resilient then Sentinels and survive longer if you come under fire a lot. I currently level a Guardian and never had much problems with mobs. Though the Sentinel is indeed way more awesome to look at, with his dual sabers.

6. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I always liked the endurance that Guardians had more than Sentinels. Sentinels are really cool with their DW abilities and look a little cooler, but gameplay is all Guardian for me.