Graphics in MOBAs?

Discussion in 'BattleCry Discussion' started by FuZyOn, Sep 14, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

MOBAs aren't praised a lot of their graphics but rather for the unique style of playing and teamwork focusing, do you think good graphics are going to be an important factor for this game?

2. mooray

mooray Active Member

Yes. The graphics have always been an important factor for every big time game. I just hope the developers will come up with an intriguing plot to make us forget about the graphics.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the game will have a really nice plot, the characters seem pretty well-designed. We'll have to wait and see, hopefully the graphics will be at least decent.

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

The most important thing about the technical side of MOBAs is performance, not graphics. Millions of people play MOBAs and many of them don't have very good PCs, so the most important thing they should think about right now is how it'll run when it releases.

5. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well in MOBAS, the general point of view is high up in the air anywhere, so they can lower the texture resolution without too much visual difference or quality drop in looks, as long as creating worse looking 3D models. I don't think the graphics really matter anyway

6. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member
    Regular

The graphics need to be good to stand it out from the others really. It needs something to set it apart.

7. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah,

8. rajesh

rajesh Active Member

Graphics is one of the important factors that decides almost everything about a particular game. MOBA has many concurrent users from around the world and I don't think that most of them care about the graphics. Most of them are happy with decent graphics.

9. userbutnotloser

userbutnotloser Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree with you graphics is the only thing that decides the rating for a particular game.
    If the graphics of the game is good then it's rating and popularity will gain automatically.
    So, developers should look after the graphics of their game

10. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Well-Known Member
    Regular

Eh well Dota2 has really good graphics I think it is the MOBA with best graphics and it is really popular, this one should really take a step and compete with these new generation MOBAS but we will have to see about it because some of the current ones have a /huge/ lead on this one.
    Like I said again and I will say again time will tell.

11. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The latest graphics didn't receive many great reviews. I'm hoping the actual game will have better graphics. I'm more concerned with the gameplay.

12. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I somehow agree with your comment but the graphics shouldn't be an issue whatsoever, what matters is the actual gameplay I hope they pull off something great so people can start to like and play more and actually make a big and nice community like other mobas around, I really hope they make it.

13. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The gameplay is what ultimately matters. I'm looking forward to the release. A new Bethesda game will be a refreshing thing.

14. thatsgoodnews

thatsgoodnews Active Member

I agree with you. It needs to be unique and different than others.

15. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

Graphics sure are important, but if the gameplay is ass there will be only so much I can play of the game before being done with it. The graphics will eventually become something you're used to and could skip in a game if the gameplay is solid, same can't be said the other way around.

16. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

The graphics can be good but it doesn't mean the game would be enjoyable to play. A game needs more than just good graphics. The characters should be people we can identify with and the plot should be interesting. It should be something that can be played by people of all ages.