Girl or boy character?

Discussion in 'ArcheAge Character Creation' started by BlommasT, Apr 15, 2014.

1. BlommasT

BlommasT New Member

I myself, will pick a boy character. I like their hair and eyes more than girls, as I feel like the have more features.
    I normally pick boy characters, cause I feel like playing as a girl is a little weird, and girls only fit archer or mage races.
    A girl warrior looks very stupid, cause they look very weak..

Which gender would you choose?

2. jeegte12

jeegte12 New Member

I always make females, no matter the RPG. I think it just basically comes down to: "Well, I'll be looking at this character for a few hours at least. Who would I prefer to look at?"

Another reason is one you mentioned; girls look really weak, so it's pretty interesting seeing a frail little thing able to swing around a massive axe. I like it.

2 people like this.
  3. Catalyst64

Catalyst64 Well-Known Member

I always choose a boy because that's my gender in real life. I've never really thought about this too much, but jeegte12's side of things is pretty interesting.

4. dugu

dugu Member

I am not really sure. Sometimes I bounce between both. In many games the female toons just look more appealing. I am sure I will roll more than one so I can check both out but as to the answer of what will be my main - there is no way I could answer it this early. The game has too many variables (like tailoring classes to begin with).

5. Starist

Starist Member

I've always have chosen a female character with every MMO/MMORPG I've played. They've always had cuter outfits and I simply just enjoy their look much more than males. I really have no idea what race I'll pick on the other hand. I'll have to take some time thinking about that. I discovered ArcheAge quite awhile ago, and am getting back into looking at the news. So, I think I'll have a good while to make my mind up before I get a chance to play.
    I've always found it adorable watching my female character swing around those massive weapons, so I definitely get what you mean.

6. Swannaz

Swannaz New Member

I always tend to go for male characters but that's probably just because I am a male in real life. I tend to find that I like the look of male characters in MMO's more anyway. Havent received an invite to the beta yet so I think I'm going to fish around on YouTube for details on character customization and the classes and all that. But I've watched a few streams of the game on Twitch TV before and it looks really good to say the least.

7. LindaKay

LindaKay Member

I like girls. Maybe it's because I'm a female. I think it's always pretty awesome to see female characters really kicking butt.

8. Lilyaa

Lilyaa New Member

I've always chosen female characters in MMOs, unless I'm playing something that's not very masculine - I really didn't like female dwarfs in WoW for example so I played a male there.

From the looks of things the female characters will suit me fine in Archeage. I'm female IRL so this probably influences my choice.

9. 222Balloons

222Balloons New Member

I go back and forth. I've always thought female protagonists are awesome, but as I male I tend to feel that I shouldn't choose female characters in MMO's. Whatever though, I'll probably end up trying both. Haha.

10. Ed1fan

Ed1fan Member

I want to roll one of each honestly. As a female character I end up getting trolled a bit but I can handle that. As a male character most people just leave me alone.

11. misterv520

misterv520 Member

I usually make my main character female if the game's graphics are really good. If going to be role-playing more or if I'm more into the lore then I'll be a male character. So for ArcheAge I'm most likely going to make a female character.

12. Wynnie

Wynnie Member

I will probably make a female character. I am a girl and I have played both throughout my gaming years, but lately I've been sticking more to females. I think their outfits are cuter. :)

13. Rizzio

Rizzio Active Member

I am with you 100 percent. I can be looking at man ass until my eyes bleed or I can be looking at something nice.

Another thing I noticed, if you don't mind roleplaying. Female characters get a lot of free items. People will just go head over heels to make a female gamer happy and play with them.

14. askanison

askanison Well-Known Member

I always choose male. It is my gender and although nice to look at other players tend to hit on any female playing in a game.
    I have friends that have female characters just to beg things off of male players. They flirt a little then get what they need and move on to the next sucker they can find.

15. ItsZiggy

ItsZiggy Well-Known Member

I always pick male because I'm a guy, somehow role-playing as a woman has never appealed to me very much. I want my character to be as similar to me as I can possibly manage, and I don't want to be misleading anyone in the game as far as my gender goes. About that, I'm generally very straightforward.

16. Alfren

Alfren Member

I always choose male simply because that's my actual gender.
    Also, it's troublesome to play a girl character because then, the entire world is hitting on you -_-

17. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'll probably mess around with both in the character creator and see what I can push to the limits, what I actually select depends on which I like the most.

18. kaineparker

kaineparker Active Member

I will most likely play as a male, since I am one in real life. I've rarely made girl characters.

19. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I personally chose a male character, mostly because I choose male characters in every RPG. I agree, playing as a female character just feels strange to me, and I'm not sure why. :p

20. Mimsee

Mimsee Active Member

As a woman, I prefer to play as female characters. I think it's because I can immerse myself better and feel more into the game. I always try to make my characters look at least roughly like myself as well. This is just a personal preference, though, and it looks like everyone has their own preference as well :)