FIFA 16

Discussion in 'PS4' started by FuZyOn, Oct 2, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Has anyone played this game on the PS4 yet? It came out a week ago and it's the most recent football simulator from EA. It's really good, I've been having a lot of fun.

2. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Is this year's FIFA better than the latest Pro Evolution Soccer? I have always a hard time deciding which one to choose every year.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never really liked Pro Evolution Soccer, I feel like it's really subpar compared to FIFA. The latter definitely is the best between the two, and that has been the case for a long time now.

4. Nasim J

Nasim J Active Member
    Regular

Fifa is always the game to go for when playing soccer :p the thing is it has more licenses and contracts that PES just can't get. It's always an easy choice for anyone who wants a good collection of modes :p

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yup, although there are mods out there for PES, so licenses are fixed, I just can't stand playing the game. It needs to be sped up a little, plus the physics are kind of off.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tried PES a while back and I honestly liked it more than Fifa. It felt a lot more like a simulation than Fifa ever did. Playing PES online and getting it to do things that Fifa did seamlessly annoyed me to no end though. Needless to say I haven't touched it since.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love the FIFA gameplay personally, but I hate the lack of features. For example, in PES Career Mode you have a Ballon D'or ceremony while in FIFA you don't even have it mentioned. It's pretty lackluster.

8. Spectre456

Regular

Yeah, PES has some great features. It's a shame it's so cumbersome to do some things or I would stick with it for my soccer game fix.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, in the future PES will probably be at least decent but Konami just don't care about the game as much as EA care about FIFA. PES is really lackluster for a 2015 game.

10. Spectre456

Regular

I don't know if that will happen with Konami switching focus to mobile gaming. They might give up on PES entirely instead.

11. t3nchi

t3nchi Member

Yeah I've played a lot of this years FIFA, it's a great game and a pretty big improvement on the last iteration. I find that pace is toned down a huge amount so you can't just sprint pass the whole oppositions defense. It also rewards passing a lot more with the new driven pass option. If you would like, theres an option to try out the MyClub mode for PES for free in the PS4 store.I tried it out but I definitely prefer the Fifa Ultimate Team mode over it. The MyClub mode didn't have anyone online when I was trying to matchmake and when it did they had a load of superstars. Compared to my team which was just the basic starter team it wasn't fair. The matchmaking system failed to find someone within my range, so it expanded to include other higher ranks within. It goes without saying that I suffered a humiliating defeat. I would stick with Fifa definitely as its way more populated and theres more to do if you get sick of Ultimate Team.

12. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Have you played PES 2016? Sounds like you're awfully biased against it. I think it edges out FIFA this year in terms of gameplay and a lot of people share that opinion. I played both games in the past and I had fun with both.

13. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

PES is already decent, and it arguably rivals FIFA. Konami is leaving the "big game" market, and focusing on pachinko machines and mobile games, but they still said they're going to develop more PES in the future, so they do care.

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

While I don't agree with a lot of what EA are doing I really value FIFA more than PES, and I haven't tried out PES 2016 but I did try 2015 and I wasn't that impressed. I also love Ultimate Team and that's something that makes me buy the game every year.

15. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

The big problem with FIFA IMO is the horrible scripting, and the lack of real improvements in each installment. Well there was some change when they used the new the engine in Fifa 14 but not everything was changed for the better. PES is a lot more lax in that regard ( scripting), or at least looks like it is.

16. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've been playing PES up until 2010-ish when it was far superior to FIFA. At that point FIFA took over and simply was a simple game for a long period of time. It looks like we're getting a tidal shift this year with PES taking over again. I have tried every version of PES from 2010 up until 2016 and I always went back to FIFA. PES 2016 is the only one that made me switch back. I'll still compare both games next year though; one good game doesn't mean the entire series is better now.