Favorite comic books?

Discussion in 'Comic Books' started by FuZyOn, Dec 28, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love superheroes so I have a pretty big stash of DC and Marvel comics. Nothing other than that appeals to me in terms of comics.

2. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Marvel's Teen Titans is one of my favorites.

I also do enjoy Japanese manga titles such as Gintama.

3. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know it's a bit of cliche and a vanilla answer, but I love Spiderman and Deadpool. I think it's mostly because of their personalities though. I also like Batman, but that's for whole different reasons.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Spiderman and Batman are pretty cool, they're among my favorites. I don't really like Deadpool as a character, but I think we have relatively the same tastes! :D

#4 FuZyOn, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  5. themusicliveson

It feels like all my favorite comics are published by Image Comics lately. They have so many unique and fantastic titles like The Walking Dead, Saga, Chew, Rat Queens and Sex Criminals. I highly suggest anyone who likes odd stories and humor to check them out.

I'm also really liking the new Ms. Marvel series with Kamala Khan.

Of course, my all time favorite is Watchmen.

6. Sealpikachu

Sealpikachu Member

I have never actually read comic books yet but I wanted to try out the Marvel ones. I have friends who are always discussing events in the movies as opposed to the comics and, as someone who is used to reading a book before watching the movie, it frustrates me not to know. Anyone know a good place to start?

7. themusicliveson

It's best to just jump in with Marvel comics and eventually you'll realize how the stories fit together. I can give you some suggestions though.

If you're a Star Wars fan, consider reading their new comics that Marvel is releasing. The ones focusing on Leia are especially great.

The latest Mrs. Marvel series is getting a lot of praise, and you really only need a vague sense of who everyone is to pick it up.

The "A Finely Tangled Web" series is a good starting point for Black Widow comics.

Any Deadpool comic is a easy read. Since the character is insane and can break the fourth wall, you don't have to worry about continuity very much.

8. Sealpikachu

Sealpikachu Member

I love star wars! I will definitely check out those comics. Thank you for all the suggestions, I will star looking the easy ones you said first to get a feel of the universe and then dive in deeper. I love black widow so the Tangled Web one will probably be the first one I check out.

9. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't really got into them yet but Marvel Comics and Spawn comics do look appealing to me.

10. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't read comic books since I don't like reading. I prefer to watch the animation itself than to read.