Favorite Co-op Games

Discussion in 'PS4' started by alexiskilgannon, Nov 12, 2015.

1. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I really enjoy a good Co-op. It's nice to sit down with someone every once in a while and sore through a game together. I feel like it's a great way to bond with the person and share an experience, even if it is a virtual experience. I know Call of Duty is Co-op, but I'm not a fan. This seems to be the biggest recommendation I get when asking around for good suggestions.

I enjoy a great story line, if that helps.

What is your favorite game that offers Co-op?

2. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Do you mean splitscreen? Serious Sam and recent Resident Evil games are the best for this in my opinion.

60 people like this.
  3. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've recently played Rayman Legends with my then girlfriend and it's been pretty fun. One game I love though is Little Big Planet. I know not a lot of people over the age of 12 play it (or so I've been told), but the two of us teared that one apart.

60 people like this.
  4. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I forgot about Rayman Legends, pretty good game. Which genres are you into OP? both games I posted are shooters.

5. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love Little Big Planet. It was one of my favorite games for a long, long time. I've never played a Rayman game, though I've heard good things about it. I should give Legends a looksie because I am sick of Borderlands at this point. :p

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Serious Sam or Rayman Legends have my vote, pretty cool games! :D I briefly played Little Big Planet, but didn't like it that much.

7. d'arakh

Regular

Haha, yeah, you should definitely try Rayman, but don't expect anything similar to Borderlands! :D It's pretty similar to Little Big Planet in that it's a sorta platformer, but the art style is different (as expected).

8. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely have to support the Resident Evil suggestion. Those games terrify me(I have a really bad fear of zombies, so I feel like that's most of the reason why, since they are kind of mild nowadays anyway) and I LOVE playing it with friends. It's just the kind of game emotions kinda run high with(at least me and the people I know). Never heard of Serious Sam though, what's it like?

60 people like this.
  9. Funky Fingers

Funky Fingers Active Member
    Regular

Fallout 4 or Star wars : battlefront. Both massive multi-player games that I enjoy greatly.

10. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Serious Sam is an arcade FPS, similar to early Doom games. Except its comedy instead of horror based. I think they're pretty cheap on Steam if you want to try them out.

11. d'arakh

Regular

++ for Serious Sam. Super hella fun game that doesn't take itself too seriously. Just perfect for co-op.

12. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Fallout 4 has less multiplayer features than Doom 1 :D. Did you mean Battlefield 4 ?

13. Maelalove

Regular

Kind of like Left 4 Dead 2? I've never played Left 4 Dead but I was supposed to play it with a few friends, and they told me it was more comedy than actual horror..

14. d'arakh

Regular

I'd say it's more action than anything. I mean, it's a zombie co-op shooter, can't rely too much on horror IMO.

15. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played Left 4 Dead, and I wouldn't really say that's comedy. It's not really scary, and it has some goofy moments, but it's meant to be more of a horror game.
    Serious Sam, on the other hand, is just silly comedy.

16. Maelalove

Regular

Really? Cause they all told me it wasn't really meant to be horror, that it was kind of slapstick comedy in a game that looks like horror. But I get what you're saying :]

17. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's not the impression I got. But who knows, it may be true.

18. Maelalove

Regular

I mean, you could be right. Remember, I still have yet to play it. I just know that one of them is a guy who is super super scared of stuff like that, so when I was confused and asked how he played left 4 dead when he hated that stuff, he said it definitely wasn't horror and that it was comedy. I guess it depends on your opinion, though.

19. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

Left 4 Dead maybe? That's a pretty cooperative shooting game, and I would really like it if it had any more missions left in its arsenal because it was a really fun game. And since it's a Valve game, so I'm really not expecting a 3rd game any time soon. Too bad though, as the missions have been lengthy and fun, but they are also few in number. Hopefully, fan made maps will be more available, so I can still have fun with this amazing game.

20. Dean Angel

Dean Angel Member

Rayman Legends. Me and my wife still play it once a week and it is a blast and a good quality together time game. Of course maybe it is not as violent and as exciting as Left for Dead for example but it is still very playable and fun but don't get me wrong, a few of the levels are very hard, specially when you get to the higher levels It can get very frustrating doing a level over and over until you mastered it.