Quantcast

Earth, fire, or water for the starter Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Efrahinu19, Nov 11, 2013.

1. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I always pick the fire pokemon or Charizard for example. I don't know why but it looks strong than the other two.

2. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I almost always pick fire, except for the case with the firepig. I didn't like the fire-pig because it just reminded me constantly of bacon. I keep imagining that if it caught itself on fire, it would sizzle and then just become bacon.

3. GoldenWing

GoldenWing Member

I don't have a preference, I pick the one that gives me the best initial impression.

However if I were playing strategically, I'd say I'd pick the type that'd be most effective/would resist most gym typings, and then build the rest of the team around that.

4. Dandapatra

Dandapatra Active Member

I've never felt that strong connection towards starters. I used to always pick grass, then abandon it in favor of a better Pokemon after the second gym. I don't know, but the one time I actually kept a starter it was Charmander. <3 Charziard!

5. purplepapaya

purplepapaya Member

I go with fire 99% of the time, as I feel that fire is the most powerful. However, in Pokemon Black, I could not bring myself to choose fire (Tepig) because I have this whole thing about disliking pigs. I know, stupid huh? Probably comes from growing up on a farm and having to deal with some really awful pigs. In that particular version, I went with Snivy. Hardest decision of any Pokemon game.

6. May102014

May102014 Active Member Regular

You should definitely choose a fire pokemon for starters. Usually the setting of once you begin will involve a lot of grass pokemon around so it deals a bigger damage. That should make your newbie life a lot easier.

7. ato2000

ato2000 Member

I remember back in the GameBoy days I picked the fire Pokemon and I have picked fire ever since. I don't know why I picked fire, but I guess I did that because fire looked better and stronger than other elements. I now always pick fire mostly because it evolved into a tradition and I don't plan to pick another element.

8. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I base my choices off my own personality so Fire-type it is. Sometimes I choose starters based on the fictional biography of my the character I create like if I chose a male trainer and name him Duke Nukem then obviously he'd choose a Fire type. It's all for fun you know. :)

9. OoTWISTERoO

OoTWISTERoO Active Member

Definitely fire. They are really strong and most of them look amazing. I personally prefer the water one in Pokemon Sapphire or Ruby, but the fire one is very good too.

10. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I don't choose a type, I usually choose the one that I think looks cooler, if that makes any sense. xD
    For example, on the first generation, I chose Charmander, on the second I chose Cyndaquil, and so on. It's not a fixed choice.

11. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

I almost always choose the fire type. I just think that fire is the "coolest" of all the types. And in earlier Pokemon games, I seem to remember it was slightly more difficult to get fire.

12. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

I usually pick between fire and water. I'm fairly certain the only grass pokemon that I've started a game with was Chikorita. (And I love all three starters from that generation.) Mudkip, Piplup, and Oshawott have been my buddies, as have Charmander and Fennekin. In other playthroughs, I have switched to Totodile, Cyndaquil and Squirtle. Sorry grass pokemon! Fire and water all the way for me. :)

13. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

It is about 70% Fire, 25% Water and 5% Grass, I have always been a fire fanboy and cyndaquill is my favorite

14. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Fire, I've been always fascinated by fire pokemons. They're all very stylish and powerful in general. Also I love fireblast action which is my favourite of all time.