Quantcast

Do you watch Pokémon or just play the games?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Jasmine2015, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

I grew up watching Pokémon when Ash, Brock, and Misty were traveling together. Once they split up, I stopped watching the show. I have a brother that plays the games and watches the new episodes when he can. So do you guys watch the current episodes and if so do you enjoy them?

2. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

I grew up watching Pokemon as well. :) I watched up until the Diamond & Pearl episodes, and after that I lost interest in it. I kept holding out hope that they'd somehow find a way to return Misty to the series because she was my favorite character, but they never did, and instead kept replacing characters as they started to grow on me. So I just gave up.

I've heard the newer series isn't connected to the past series though; same Ash & Pikachu duo and all that, but different past of his character. Up til Diamond & Pearl they kept running with his journey, he had memories of his old friends and referenced to them and such. I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate but from what I've heard, that has been pretty much completely removed from the series, giving it a fresh start.

3. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I used to play and watch Pokemon but lately I got quite tired of the game on the NInentdo thus I just kept watching the series but now I stopped even this last one as I don't really watch cartoons anymore but it used to be really cool back in the time.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I only play the games nowadays. I used to watch the anime when I was younger, up until they reached Sinnoh and won some badges, but then I lost interest. I heard that Brock quit the team, though, so that's a huge con on my list.

5. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

I used to watch the shows, haven't in years and years. Probably never going to get back into because I heard the quality of them are going down, good thing for us the quality of the games just keep getting better and better!

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I grew up watching Pokemon and games were only an addition to my addiction with the show! I used to both play and watch the show, I had a lot of fun! :D

7. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

I used to watch Pokemon all the time as a kid. Although I watch the series occasionally, I grew out of that for the most part. I still enjoy the games very much.

8. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I watched the original Pokemon series with Ash, Brock and Misty as well. I also loved the Pokemon movies with Mew. I initially played Pokemon because of the series but I found they're two very different things that I enjoy immensely. The show was pretty storyline centric and the game was all about the gyms and catching Pokemons.

9. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

When I was younger I used to watch the first few seasons of the Anime all the time. It is what introduced me to the games, however nowadays I don't watch it anymore at all. I still play the games, but I have somehow lost interest into the anime after a while.

10. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

Watched season 1 and just stopped after. There was only so much campy stuff I could take. If they revamped the series to target the generation that grew up on the games I'd watch it. I want a darker storyline that the games have kinda progressively hinted at in certain instances and a more mature outlook. I still play the games cause they changed with the times a bit.

11. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

I only watched the series with Ash, Brock, and Misty as a kid. After they switched Misty out, I couldn't watch it anymore. I didn't feel like it was the same after she was taken out of the terrific trio.

12. OoTWISTERoO

OoTWISTERoO Active Member

I watched only a little bit, but I prefer the games and spend much more time on them. I don't watch it anymore, the games are too good for me. :p

13. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

I watched it a little bit. I play the games a lot, and I also really enjoy reading the manga. It's a thousand times better than the show, but it's just really slowly produced.

14. ChilledFlamez

ChilledFlamez Member

I used to both watch the anime and play the games. I quit watching frequently after Diamond&Pearl, and I can't see myself buying another Pokemon game after X.

15. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

Both. And when Pokemon came on Netflix a few months ago, I literally went on a binge. I'd play Pokemon on my DS while watching old school Ash, Brock, and Misty on the tv.

16. ikarosalpha

ikarosalpha Active Member Regular

I also grew up watching the show. It was my favorite kids show by far. Nowadays I don't really follow every season anymore, but I keep myself up to date with some specials and stuff. The games are a different story though, can't get my attention away from them. :)

17. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member Regular

I watched the show for years whilst growing up! I remember so many episodes clearly. I don't even remember when I stopped watching, but then I started again when my brother did. As of now, I haven't watched it in ages, but thinking about it makes me nostalgic, to be honest.

18. RumbarBrook

RumbarBrook Active Member Regular

Since I have only had local channels, I strayed away from the anime after it moved off of FOX during the 2nd or so "season." Sure, I can watch it online now, but I cannot be bothered. I respect the anime for adding more life and non-canon lore within the world, but it is just too many episodes to watch.

19. SimiWolfie

SimiWolfie Active Member Regular

I used to watch the show, but it's just gotten out of hand lately. There's more going on, they're adding far too many new Pokemon.. They probably should have ended the show a while ago.
    I prefer to play the games now. I'm currently playing the Diamond edition for the first time.