Do you plan on playing Multiplayer ?

Discussion in 'Doom 2016 Discussion' started by razer, Nov 10, 2015.

1. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Personally I prefer single player, but I'll be checking out MP for sure. It looks like its really fast paced and fluid.

Hopefully there will be no negative surprises, we know these guys know how to make quality multiplayer, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

2. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

Multiplayer is one of my favorite ways to play video games. I like connecting with the community of players and being a "team player." It can get a bit irritating playing online with strangers, but majority of the time I just mute the trouble makers. I think playing with other people adds more to the game itself.

120 people like this.
  3. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

It gets irritating often with random strangers, that's why I'm planning to play with friends.

4. alexiskilgannon

Regular

I feel you. It gets irritating when you're not sure how to talk to someone as well. I know that when I'm playing a massive multiplayer, I prefer to play with friends, but tend to play with strangers. Not many of my friends are into videogames, so it leaves me with online strangers. -_-

60 people like this.
  5. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

What I meant was that a majority of online gaming community is immature. In any game really. If I do play with strangers I mute them immediately and I don't talk at all.

6. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well yeah. I don't mute people only when I'm playing with friends. Sometimes I like to be the immature one and crack jokes and have fun instead of playing the game though lol

On topic, hell to the yeah I'll be playing the multiplayer. I had so much in the previous version of the game I'll probably spend more time in multiplayer than in single player. After I finish the story, of course.

60 people like this.
  7. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Did you play Doom 3 MP? It was pretty empty, I could rarely find a game. And when I did, people just wrecked me lol.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love playing the campaign on every game of this genre but I'll also check out the multiplayer. I'm sure it's gonna be fun to play online as well.

9. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'll definitely play multiplayer. I really like the teamwork as well and seeing how other people play. It's just fun on multiplayer.

10. alexiskilgannon

Regular

I am in the same boat as you. I tend to mute people immediately because I don't care to hear what anyone has to say. I enjoy the results of playing with other people, but I don't like listening to the constant mic debates. It's a bit annoying and distracting. I'd rather just play a game, have fun, and call it a day.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hope they implement a mute all buton, similar to League of Legends so that I can just ignore the toxic players and focus on the game. It's vital nowadays.

12. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hopefully they will do something about the inevitable cheaters and TKillers as well.

13. KingEeyore

KingEeyore Member

I always play the campaign fist and then I play multiplayer. Every game that has both that's what I do. I actually beat the campaign usually before I play multiplayer. It helps me get a grip on the controls, speed, buttons and stuff. That way I don't get frustrated when I get online. I'm looking forward to Doom online. After seeing the new trailer, I can't wait to see what the have in store for multiplayer.

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I imagine a system like that will be in place, otherwise the game would be unplayable for everyone involved.

15. mooray

mooray Active Member

Oh yes! I prefer the multi-player sometime to keep the competition spirit going on.

16. whiskey2whiskey

whiskey2whiskey Active Member

I'll keep an eye on both singleplayer and multiplayer provided that there is a key focus on gamemodes and complexity. I really hope that those TDM/SWAT modes don't become the norm, and I would prefer if there was sandbox-like flexibility in the same vein as Halo. So far from what I've seen, the multiplayer already looks halo-ish with it's movement, jumping, and weapon animations.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think multiplayer is gonna be Halo-ish, but that's not a bad thing at all. I think it's still gonna be enjoyable if it has the same DOOM feel like the campaign.

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love playing in multiplayer mode, it's always more fun and challenging (especially when the game itself already promotes the difficulty)... So, my answer is yes!

I always like to play in multiplayer mode with my friends because I know the fun is more guaranteed. :D

19. JonathanS

JonathanS Member

I feel the same way. For me, it's not a dealbreaker if the game I buy doesn't have multiplayer. However, it certainly adds to the game if a multiplayer option is available. I agree it can be a little weird as well as irritating playing with strangers. Eventually, though you find like-minded people to connect with consistently. Providing endless hours of enjoyable gaming!

20. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Member

Probably not. I'm most of a solo player, and I don't enjoy playing with strangers... sadly I don't have any gamer friends so I can't really get into the multiplayer scene in general!
    But if things change one day, I'll definetely give it a try!