Do you like Last Light more than 2033?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by DarkOne, May 14, 2013.

?

Do you like Last Light more than 2033?

1. A lot better

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. A bit better

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. About the same

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Not as good but a worthy sequel

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Falls well short of 2033's excellence

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

I know the game officially came out today for those living in the U.S. so answer the poll after one or two playthroughs.

#1 DarkOne, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  2. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Faar too early to tell. It is graphically much better and optimized that 2033 was at release. But these voice overs as I expected are rubbish. They've changed Arytom's voice.

I've just finished the intro and heading up with Anna :p

3. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

Have they really changed Artyom's voice (actor) I remember with the Gamespot swamp video one of them said it's still the same voice actor for Artyom responding to a comment from the chat room saying he sounded different as the video was done live.

What about the voice overs of children? I remember in 2033 there was only one voice actor for all boys. Silly when two of them were having a conversation.

4. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes,they have.And i didn't like it. Nolan North is doing some voice overs too.I like North, but he doesn't fit well in the game. Oh,well.Good thing there are russian voice overs too :)

5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Arytom's has definitely changed. I've not come across those kids yet, but one of the things I asked last year was that they should have more variety. As you pointed out they all had the same voice over in 2033.

Nattering in stations also confuses things. When I was in the Armoury I couldn't hear the guy at the Kisok, instead it was muddled with people eating in the Kitchen area which is silly.

6. Sharkey

Sharkey Well-Known Member

Several hours in, and really pining for 2033 sadly. Will give my final thoughts once I've finished my first playthrough (Ranger Normal).

7. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

They need to have multiple game saves. For example on Gears I can start on Hardcore and Easy and save and load my progression for each difficulty settings gameplay.

Is anyone playing this in 3D vision? If so what settings are you using?

8. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I've still not heard any soundtracks yet, in 2033 everything was so apparent because of it's uniqueness. I hope that there will be some as I progress. I'm really enjoying the game though, it's mature and emotional. Combat has improved dramatically. Also any other mode other than Hard is far too easy. Enemies and mutants just drop with dirty rounds.

9. Sharkey

You'll hear 2033's main theme once you encounter a familiar face from the first game. =D

10. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Cool, I loved the soundtracks in 2033. I'll be trying out 3D Vision tomorrow using some hacked .inf files for my monitor :D

Falls well short of 2033's excellence

#10 majnu, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  11. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oooohhhh....Familiar human face?

12. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

I find it a little bit easier, but it's awesome!
    Loving the plot.

13. Sharkey

Restarted my Ranger Normal playthrough and started a Normal Hardcore game, NOW the game is MUCH more to my liking! I'll be jumping right into Ranger Hardcore after this playthrough as Hardcore is a much better challenge than Normal.

14. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Playing with bass shakers and it's friggin' awesome, so much deep bass which not even my headsets pick up. :D

These are some old pics of what they are in case anyone is wondering what I'm rambling on about :lol:

[​IMG]

#14 majnu, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  15. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

OK, I've played enough LL and Metro 2033 Wins. Falls well short of 2033's excellence

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

go play it on ranger mode, I don't have it but I played my friends copy. It goes from same level as 2033 (imo) to way above it.

17. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I don't have Ranger HC and as I explained I am not paying $5 for it out of principal.

Let me finish the game and I will give my overall impression, but so far it's too much on rails and fails to deliver what made 2033 a special game for me.

I really think the AI are weaker than 2033. They've emphasised so much on shooting that it has taken the survival aspect out of the game. The way the story is driven there is no longer any suspense/thriller elements.

18. LOEF

LOEF Well-Known Member

To early for me to say but I'm glad to see most people "A lot better" Nice on guys.

19. Metro2033

Metro2033 Member

Metro Last Light fails mainly in three things
    1- Changing Artyom's voice ... :rant:
    2- Soundtracks are not good as Metro 2033 ( luv Good and Bad ending Soundtrack ) :tsk:
    3- Change Miller's looks completely :sad:

20. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

I cant give a full review yet.

But to say something: I am pleased with LL but not as much as I could have been.

The game needed another 8-12 weeks of development, that or they should have just done a better job with some technical things. For example the death animations on humans often bug out on me (with advanced phsyx).