Do you like building underground?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by FuZyOn, Sep 21, 2014.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I saw a lot of people posting their castles or skyscrappers on a lot of sites but not that much people posting their underground bases. I was just wondering if anyone here likes to build underground, in a cave or something.
    Personally, I like the cave feel better. Underground bases are, for me, more compact and easier to build and are also more pretty in my opinion.
    What do you guys like?

2. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

I really don't. I just feel like there's so much restriction when building underground. I have to dig out places a lot, make holes bigger and dig deep enough so I do not go over the surface. I just like building above ground because I feel it is easier and provides more freedom then trying to work around things,

3. hamz10

hamz10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love the isolated feeling from underground buildings also creepers can't sneak around your house and blow you up there! The only problem is that it can be time consuming to create all the space. Other than that, I love it!

4. holunderminze

holunderminze Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people like to do that but I am not one of them. It is claustrophobic I guess, for me. I've done we times but I usually find it dull underground.

5. insertkittyface

insertkittyface Well-Known Member

I do, actually. I don't do it very often, but sometimes I will and it can be a lot of fun. Someone on here posted snapshots of a village they made underground and it was amazing... I want to do something like that but I feel like I lack the creativity to do so.

6. hedonologist

hedonologist Member

I absolutely love it. I often will be underground rail networks (usually only with 2-4 stations) I also once built a massive 770 block long tunnel from a small island with 6 oil springs to my main settlement with the refinery.

7. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do until a creeper decides to ruin it!

8. edthebig

edthebig Well-Known Member

I only do it for a temporary home on a server where griefing is allowed and also to build an elaborate faction home that would be extremely hard to find for griefers.

9. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

I love building underground. I think it's one of the most protected ways to play. I have such less problems with being killed by spawns when I build underground. Not to mention if you have an organized mind then you can dig down and make an underground system where you have easy access to all of your supplies that you might need.

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I don't really like underground but I absolutely LOVE underwater..

11. erik120

erik120 Well-Known Member

Now that seems like an interesting experiment, I am actually going to try this some time. I never tried to actually build my main bases underground, just mines and stuff like that but not the main base or whatever. I personally like to build houses either on top of mountains or near the beach on water and make like an exotic hang out place with torches and everything. I only use underground for resources.

12. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not really, it's just annoying I think. If I ever build inside something, it's usually to try be stealth, and it's usually inside a mountain. Those are the best for stealthness.

13. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 Well-Known Member
    Regular

On a public server maybe, I used to build underground so that I didn't have to worry about people stealing my stuff, I mean it worked pretty good. Private servers though with just a bunch of friends, well who wants to go building underground, that is what mining is for.

14. hedonologist

hedonologist Member

I actually used to build massive underground complexes. I also used to store a lot of valuable items underground. Leaving my house was always risky and was a lure for thieves, but the real treasure was hidden about 120 blocks underground.

15. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

Yes. I prefer building underground because it feels more safe down there and if you hid your base well you'll pretty fine for the most part especially when you're trying to hid from the mobs.

16. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Now that you mention it, I have never once considered building something underground. The only thing I've ever done underground is dig for diamonds and map out caverns. I know what I'm doing when I log on tomorrow!

17. calebmelvern

calebmelvern Well-Known Member

It's quite the opposite for me. I find building underground harder. And because of this, I prefer building my bases on the surface. Lol. I play for a very limited time nowadays so I keep things simple and easy.

18. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't like to building underground because I found it hard. I prefer to build a house on top of a tree because it's look awesome when the sun rises.

19. lex321

lex321 Active Member

I don't really like building too far underground because it's just hell to get out. However, if I do build underground, I'll probably use some pistons.

20. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love building underground for a myriad of reasons. In PVP, it's safer to be underground than out in the open. The underground atmosphere makes some structures and buildings look even more attractive than they do topside. I'd rather build underground than above ground.