Do you collect summoner icons?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by Burt Povski, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

From time to time, LoL releases some limited time ways to get summoner icons!

Recently, they released two new icons that you can get from finishing some sort of quests. Anyone here take part in trying to get the summoner icons? I know I do sometimes! But sometimes I get too lazy too.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to and I have some really rare ones (especially that season 2 sword that you could get only from watching the worlds stream and being there to enter a code). Nowadays I don't really care that much about them.

3. Darce

Darce Well-Known Member

Never cared about it, never will. I like playing the game, I don't particularly care about anything other than that. Poros/special events/skins/summoner icons, I don't care about that extra fluff.

4. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I was also at the Season 2 World Championship to get that sword icon, and felt great that I was among those who weren't really commited to watching the entire stream just for a summoner icon, haha. I don't know if they're really that worth it, to be honest.

5. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

It doesn't really add anything to me but getting a limited edition icon is better than nothing. It's something to show off for a little while but collecting champions and runes are even better. :)

6. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I don't care enough to 'farm' to get them, but if I get them, or I can acquire them before an event ends, I'll try a couple times anyways. It's nice to shake it up from time to time with different icons, though I usually rock out the Freljord double axes from that event.