Diplomatic Run Challenge

Discussion in 'Fallout 3' started by SereneAngel88, Sep 15, 2015.

1. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

So, I just popped in my game and I noticed that I've never used the Speech trait or Charisma stat in any of my runs. This gave me a bright (to me, at least) idea on trying to run a game where I try to talk my way out of things rather than just shoot someone in the face to get somewhere. Are there other challenge runs that you've done in your time playing the game and how successful were you at doing it?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never tried to do a challenge run but what you thought about may be quite fun to do. I'm burnt out with the game anyway so something to switch up things may be good.

3. SereneAngel88

Regular

Well, I'm doing it since it runs counter to how I normally play (bomb all enemies and take everything that isn't part of the background) and I've been craving some post-apocalypse game playing with the announcement that Fallout 4 is coming out. I decided to combine this challenge with the other challenge I'm doing to locate all the skillbooks in the game just to give added difficulty.

4. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

I have never found all the bobble heads

5. SereneAngel88

Regular

Which one in particular have you had a hard time in locating? My memories fuzzy, but I do believe one of them can only be found in a area you have limited access to.
    *hunts down Prima guide*

6. waterm94

waterm94 New Member

I have a cousin who tried to beat the entire game on the highest difficulty without using any ranged weapons... I never got an update on this, so I'm assuming it didn't go very well.

7. SereneAngel88

Regular

I would assume so, since most of the hard hitting weapons tend to be guns. I suppose it's possible to do it if you buff your melee to maximum, but you would still have a hard time surviving without lots of healing items.

8. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tend to play characters with high speech just so I can talk my way through most things. I don't like being someone's errand boy just so I can get the one piece of information that I need to keep on the main quest. I tend to stick to the main quest and then go back and do side missions after I beat the game

9. ccarpenter117

ccarpenter117 Member

This sounds like it would be a fun and challenging run. I usually have high charisma because I like talking my way out of issues, so I was thinking of doing a evil kill pretty much everything play through to get me through until Fallout 4 comes out. I've never blown up Megaton or planted the serum stuff that President Eden gives you in the water purifier, and wouldn't mind continuing this into New Vegas. Plus I've never done a heavy weapons or melee play through, so it would definitely be out of the normal for me.

10. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's cool, but I don't think you can actually beat the entire game without fighting, right? It would be a cool thing to see in a future game in the Fallout series, where there's an option to not fight ever and there's all sorts of ways to avoid combat.