Companions unable to die

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by FuZyOn, Sep 22, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

The newest feature of Fallout 4 is that companions won't be able to die. They'll be injured and unable to fight, but they'll still follow you around until they recover. What do you think about this?

2. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wasn't New Vegas like that? I've played it recently and I've never been able to actually kill off my own companions.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not really sure, I think that you're right although I never tested when I played New Vegas.

4. rajesh

rajesh Active Member

I think that this feature is very interesting. It adds some extra challenge to the game and I completely agree with the fact that there is no fun without the challenges! :) Who else agree with me?

5. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've found that it is a good feature. It is kind of weird they just kind of follow you around until they recover. I guess it's better than losing them altogether.

6. erook7878

Regular

I agree with you on that. It is an odd feature, but once you get used to the companion being disabled for a little while, it's not that big of a deal. I like the feature overall.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, it took some time to get used to it but I love that we don't lose our companions in Fallout 4 no matter what. It's an interesting feature!

8. erook7878

Regular

I kind of like the way it is now. It would suck to just lose the companion and not get them back until you die and reload the game. I think they did a good job with the companion system.

9. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it's a good feature, because during the early days of Skyrim, companions could die, and it really made me think if I should bring anyone in my missions because I was really afraid of letting them die in the line of fire for me. Going down for a bit and then standing back up is a good feature, as it would allow me to worry less about my companions, and focus more on the objective at hand.