Quantcast

Civilization VI Likely Will Have Mod Support!

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Todd Black, May 15, 2016.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

It is amazing news I think

2. jasonr299x

jasonr299x Active Member Regular

Super glad to hear it! One of the most appealing parts of the Civilization games to me are the mods. I've never been big into the modding scene, up until a year or two ago. I tried out Skyrim with mods and I realized just how insane some of the things people can do on PC are. I tried out some mods on Civ and I haven't looked back since.

Some people have been questioned just how much you can add to Civilization games through mods, and the possibilities are absolutely endless. There's graphical mods, which can make the units and structures in the game look absolutely goofy or extremely serious, depending on your taste, balance mods, which can change completely how the game is played, civilization mods, which add new civs to the game, and so on. Just take a look at the community page for Civ 5, there are a few hundred pages of mods that you can sift through. There's pretty much everything for everyone, and I'm super glad Firaxis decided to keep mods in the game for Civ 6!

3. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

Wow! I am really impressed by this news. I will love to see a mod support. I think the game would become more enjoyable with the mod support thing. I am just waiting for the feature.

4. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, I will do the same thing. I will first complete it normally and then I will mod the game. That is the best way to enjoy the game in my opinion. Everyone should do it.

5. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

Well this is certainly some good news. I am not really sure what it would mean for the in game experience, but I can imagine it would be pretty seamless.