Champion Mastery

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by bavinnie, May 5, 2015.

1. bavinnie

bavinnie Active Member

So it seems as though Riot has taken to the idea (strongly) of adding in champion mastery, seemingly just like the system that is currently in Heroes of the Storm. I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about the changes they are making myself but they are defintely (ironically) pulling a page out of blizzards book on this one, I mean Chroma packs and Champion mastery? Check it out here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/champion-mastery-coming-live-soon

2. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Well-Known Member

Ohhh... that would be interesting. I'll look forward to it. :D

3. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

They're live now, and wow, man. Truly interesting to see, and I didn't know it was taken from Heroes of the Storm. Do you recommend me this game, perhaps? ... :)

4. Oddball

Oddball Active Member

I am rather upset with the champion mastery thing. I mean, it can be a really cool thing I guess. But I have played a ton in the past and now don't have as much time/not so great internet connection at the moment. When I do get on, it's a little annoying/discouraging to see that my main champions are completely "unmastered" according to the system. For players who play a ton (streamers and the like) they will get through the mastery really quickly and after a while, it will be like having a level 30 account. Nowhere to go up from there.

5. sheggy6

sheggy6 Member

Mastery I think is a cheap gimmick used by Riot, it just feels so bad, nothing really changes other than some emote you can spam, but it doesn't really add anything. In Smite you can unlock and then buy skins with in-game currency you win from games. An implementation like that would have me more incentivized, but right now? Just feels like a really cheap gimmick.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't really mind that they've stolen the idea from Heroes of The Storm as long as the whole thing is well developed and designed.
    This feels really gimmicky though, and I don't know what to say about it.

7. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

They've already implemented this feature to the game. I think it's pretty cool! Shows how much you play a certain champion.

8. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hate that they implemented this. It made the communitty in normals even more toxic than it already was and this idea was stolen from Smite originally. Same for the Chroma packs. Only difference is there was no button to flash your mastery of a champion, it was a different colored skin .