Biggest Problem with Dust

Discussion in 'Dust 514' started by Merlin87, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Merlin87

Merlin87 Active Member

Seems to be how sluggish the movement has become. If you wear any sort of armour, the character moves so slowly that you almost feel like the game is 'lagging'. Anybody else feel this?

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

I have stopped playing Dust 514 for now due to how slow the game is. There are plently of other games to play right now that are better than this game. I am having a blast with Plantside 2.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I have never played it but I have head of it the reason why I never gave it a try is that their are so many other MMO's out their the competition is tough and for me Dust didn't really offer anything special out of the blue so I skipped it.

4. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

I was hoping to try the game but if what you guys said it's true, then what a shame.
    I was looking forward to playing it but the reviews are not good and most people on YouTube complain about the slow pace of the game.

5. xarziv

xarziv Member

Movement is sluggish because if the FPS rate. My movement feels perfect.

6. dresdor

dresdor Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with dust is that it is a playstation exclusive.

7. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

Personally, I like playing Dust 514. At first I didn't. But when you realize this game actually makes you work as a team and allocation your resources you begin to see the game is really something.

8. WorkingGamer

WorkingGamer Member

I downloaded the game and tried to play it quite a while ago, I think when it came out, but I never got into it because it was just so bad as a shooter compared to others even Call of Duty which at least has pratically mastered the controls portion of an FPS. But yeah even when I did play it felt like that with or without armor; the problems I encountered could have been due to it being recently released but it really turned me off.

9. keymaster

keymaster Member

The biggest problem I had with Dust was actually figuring out the mechanics. I got into the beta of the game and there was no help or tutorials, and I spent hours trying to figure out simple things because there just wasn't a lot of information out at the time, or maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place. I still have it installed on my PS3 and I recently went back and it was just as confusing as ever. Not to mention all the micro-transaction crap. Seems like most of the really good stuff can only be gotten by spending real money. Even setting up a character was tough, I had no real idea what I was doing. I played for a couple hours anyway, and I enjoyed the mechanics. I didn't think things were to slow other than getting from one play to another, but I'm already used to that since I prefer games like battlefield.

10. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

this is true, new content is slow in developing and its just a mess...

11. iroyv

iroyv Active Member

I tried playing Dust 514 when the game first came out and the gameplay felt so awkward to use. Compared to FPS games like Battlefield and Call of Duty, Dust 514 really turned me off. I didn't even get to explore too much of the game since I just stopped playing after a couple hours.