Quantcast

Best one to get into today?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Zombie Lad, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

I just got an old GBA and a new 3DS and I was wondering which Pokemon game I should get into? All I hear are great things about the Pokemon games and I would love to try a couple out. Which ones are best for the GBA and which ones should I check out for the 3DS?

I have a lot of time on hand at the moment.

2. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Honestly there's so many worthy of being checked out. I would check into Gold and Silver, but you could also get into Red and Blue. All great games worth checking into. I haven't played too many Pokemon games in quite some time though, so someone may argue my choices. Good luck! :)

Morgan.

3. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

For your 3DS you only have 2 Pokemon games to chose from, the better one in my opinion is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gate to Infinity. You got a lot more to chose from with you Game Boy Advanced, try Pokemon Sapphire or Ruby, both are pretty good. You'll find a ton of Pokemon video games out there, have fun! :)

4. ahisel4

ahisel4 Member

Well, if you wait a little while, you'll be able to get X&Y, but I would definitely get a more solid set of games that we KNOW is good - for your 3DS I recommend SoulSilver or HeartGold, but I may be biased because of a certain amount of nostalgia factor. Play one of those and you'll probably be able to decide whether the series is right for you.

alfonso, DS games are compatible with the 3DS - the world is his oyster.

5. JDreamer

JDreamer Member

X&Y are going to come out in October. So far, they're looking fairly good, but who knows how they will actually be. The first Pokemon game I ever played was LeafGreen, which also came with FireRed. I really enjoyed it, and I found it was a great place to start. It may, however, be a little outdated now. When I first played it, it was the most recently released game. It took place in the First Generation region, but also incorporated new aspects from later generations, but since it was released there have been two new generations. HeartGold and SoulSilver did to the Second Generation what LeafGreen and FireRed did to the First, but that doesn't include anything from the Fifth Generation. It really depends on what experience you're looking for. While some of the main series Pokemon games are clearly weaker than others, they all still remain solid games that are sure to entertain you. Many older players believe the older generations to be superior to the newer ones, but that could be more nostalgia than anything. I'd say if you get one of the main series games, no matter which you pick, you'll soon fall in love with the series that so many others have come to love.

6. LivelyTwenty

LivelyTwenty Member

I feel that any Pokemon game is good. I haven't played Pokemon in such a long time though, so I won't know after Gold and Silver. I remember the Poke Walkers. Good ol' times.

7. I rather play Pokemon heart gold now a days. Because I like there
    story line also. They are all different to me.

8. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

For GBA, it'd have to be Ruby or Sapphire to me. I'd play those ones again any day and reccomend them to anyone!

Pokewalkers! I loved them! I used mine as a pedometer and it kept running the battery out. I got some good stuff though at the time 'cause I was walking 15000+ steps a day at the time.

9. Game

Game Member

I'd say my single most favorite game is the remake of Fire Red, it has all the original pokemon, it's in color AND it's available for the emulator. I can't say how many times I've played through it, but I do know there are hours and hours of fun to be had.

As for the 3DS, I played Pokemon Black & White, I can tell you the graphics are far more superior and the game's fun, but I can't compare it to the epicness of the GBA games.

10. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

I'll agree, I think the GBA games were the best Pokemon games. But maybe i'm just saying that because I spent much more time on my GBA when growing up.

11. andy103

andy103 Active Member

Personally I really liked the old games and they will probably always be my favorite, but all of the new features for the games of the DS and 3DS looked pretty cool.

12. GetFresh

GetFresh Member

If I were you, i'd get Pokemon Heart Gold or Soul Silver. It's a nice remake of Gold and Silver version. It has better graphics and more features than in previous games. Also, it has the new pokemon that aren't included in the original games.

13. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

If you want a good "older" game, then go for Sapphire. But I agree with the person above, if you want a newer edge on a game or just a new game in general., then go for Soul silver.

14. Eva

Eva Active Member

I will always be more of a fan of the "Classic" Pokemon games, since I grew up with them. I can say that as far as the newer editions go, I enjoyed Heart Gold the most. Platinum and White seemed to drag on a little too much- maybe it was from all the dialogue, or that it didn't hold the same magic as the classic versions.

15. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Well-Known Member

Well my personal favorite are the remakes like Leaf Green and Fire Red but people mentioning Heart Gold aren't far off. It really depends on your preference. If you don't mind the newer pokemon go for the new games but if you swear by the classic 150, then I say just play Leaf Green or Fire Red.

16. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

The one I've enjoyed the most is Black & White 2, I think that's a great introduction and has lots of different Pokémon for you to know (Black & White 1 only had 1 generation on it).
    Besides that, you just jump into the deep end and get X or Y, the newest ones.

17. ddrmario123

ddrmario123 Member

For the GBA, I'd recommend you play Pokemon FireRed or LeafGreen because they were the newest versions for the GBA and there would be more features and better graphics. For the 3DS you cannot go wrong with the new Pokemon X and Y.

18. xdratx1

xdratx1 Member

Pokemon X and Y if your looking for the best and top quality one.

19. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would suggest either Red, Blue, HG, SS personally I enjoyed these games the most out of the franchise excluding the newest one since I have not played it, but if you can get the games cheap on ebay or something I would try them all out!

20. BroknKyboard

BroknKyboard Well-Known Member

I recommend you start out with Fire Red, since it's a remake of one of the original games but with 3rd generation graphics and game engine. However, if you think you might play a lot more of the pokemon games then I recommend one of the original three so you can work your way up from there.