Bad habits?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by iShootRocks, Oct 8, 2013.

1. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Definitely smoking. Started with I was 17 and haven't stopped! I'm 27 now! It has definitely had a big impact on my life. Wish I had not started.

2. Psybe

Psybe Well-Known Member

Smoking has got to be my worst habit. The littlest bad habit I have is cracking my jaw all the time. I don't know why I'm always doing that

3. kimjongchill

kimjongchill Active Member

Everyone's addicted to Reddit because there's just so much to do on there and the site configuration is just so convenient.

4. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

One of my odd habits is clipping my nails just before I go out. So that means I normally leave it long enough to be a bother.

Another odd/bad habit is that I have absolutely no will power in keeping myself balanced between work and games. I tend to procrastinate a lot.

5. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I bite my nail all the time. Especially when I am under stress and/or learning for an exam. After its done my finger tips look like they have been through World War 3!

6. swagger

swagger Well-Known Member

Cracking your fingers/neck isn't bad for you, there's no negative effects from it. For me, it'd be procrastination, not brushing/flossing daily, and sleeping in weird position that causes my back to hurt.

7. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

Really? I have always been told since childhood that cracking your fingers and bones is bad and you should avoid it. What actually happens when you do it? :eek:

8. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

All it does is that it relieves pressure between your joints. It actually helps rather than harms.

When I was growing up, I was told the same thing that it was bad, but then I grew up, researched it and found the contrary.

9. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I researched it a bit, it seems it jsut the bone is "stretched" out of the articulate socket and pops back producing the sound. It seems its mostly harmless, the only thing observed is that it produces a bit more hand swelling in older people!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracking_joints - source

10. athenos

athenos Well-Known Member

Any work that needs to get done gets put on the backburner for a while. I know I need to get some stuff done, but sometimes I can't quite convince myself to do it in that moment. I'm not always a procrastinator, but now and again I get into a bad habit of doing that and just play.

11. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

When I was younger I picked my nose a lot and put the boogers on shopping karts now every time when I go shopping I make sure I bring some kind of hand sanitizer.

12. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Biting my fingers nails when I get nervous. Therefore I never have fingernails.

13. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

My girlfriend makes me stop biting my nails as well. When I have to study and get nervous I also destroy them, to be honest sometimes they look pretty terrible so I try to hide them :)

14. kellykr09

kellykr09 Active Member

I have the bad habit of warming up to a person real quick and then becoming cold after we get real close. I think it developed after my first relationship. It was a secret from my parents and we had to act indifferent to each other when we were around family or friends. It's a habit I'm still trying to break, because it makes others feel like they did something wrong.

15. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Smoking for me, as it is for a lot of others here, as I can see. I started smoking in High School, and found that smoking and long gaming sessions go hand in hand. But are obviously not good for my health. I since gave it up and started vaping e-cigs.

16. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I am very lucky that I actually never started smoking. It was always yucky and smelly for me and never caught on.

17. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I have no structured routine in my life. I eat when I'm hungry, sleep when I'm tired, do work when I'm in the mood. As I grow older it has begun to take a toll on me.

18. wulfman

One of my biggest bad habits is spending more money than I have.

19. wulfman

Another bad habit is procrastination. I always leave things for the next day or week or month even when I have plenty of time to do them right now.

20. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

My bad habits are definitely smoking and binge drinking. Though nowadays I have cutted smoking a bit since it is starting to cost me too much to smoke 25-30 cigarettes a day.