Anyone else experiencing stuttering with the latest patch ?

Discussion in 'Fortnite Battle Royale' started by razer, Jan 11, 2018.

1. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've always had some stuttering in this game, but the latest patch made the game nearly unplayable for me. I'm experiencing horrible stuttering when walking in game and using scopes, and the game likes to crash occasionally as well. Not sure what they did, but I hope it's fixed ASAP.

2. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have never experience this kind of problem while playing the game. If a lot of people ecountered these errors, then I would consider myself lucky. You should try to contact the game admins or developers and see if they can help you and give a solution to your problem.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have not experienced anything significant in a long time with any of the patches. Although with my luck now when I go to play I will get something.

4. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Apparently it's a known problem with some pc configs, pretty sure they're working on a fix. BTW, how much RAM do you have? I "only" have 8 GB so wonder if the game needs more or what.

5. akjangra

akjangra Member
    Regular

Apparently, "only" 8 gigs is more than enough to play Fortnite Battle Royale smoothly, as the requirement is 4 gigs. However, if you're having some issues with the game it could be your CPU or the GPU to causing the problems or the bugs, but your RAM is fine.

6. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have an overclocked Ryzen 1200 and an R9 280X so those shouldn't be a problem. I know the min. requirement is 4 GB but people have reported considerable decreases in stuttering when they upgraded to 16 GB ( which is out of the question for me, considering the current RAM prices ). I can only imagine playing on a machine with 4 GB of RAM would be a stutterfest.

7. akjangra

akjangra Member
    Regular

What graphics card do you have? I really wouldn't think the RAM is the culprit here. Did the stuttering "decrease" when they upgraded to 16 gigs or did it "stop"? If it only decreased, then there's something seriously wrong since it's not normal for a game requiring 4 gigs to stutter even slightly at 16 gigs.

8. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I already said which graphics card I have in the post you quoted. It's an R9 280X, with 3 GB VRAM.
    I don't know whether the stuttering stopped completely or not, but I read that on Reddit and I'm pretty sure the guy just said that it decreased. Who knows though, he may have a lot of junk running in the background when he plays the game.

9. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It might be on your side. But it may also be something to do with the latest patches that have been added to the game. If you have a look on Reddit, there are actually quite a lot of players that are having problems with the game at the moment especially with the latest patch that was added just last night. There are problems with lag, stuttering and a few bugs that are causing players to not be able to shoot which is a huge problem in a game like this.

10. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I did say that it worsened with the latest patch. I check out FBR reddit pretty often so I know that other people are having problems as well.
    BTW, they apparently fixed stuttering/freezing with the latest patch on Mac. Since I'm not a Mac user, I'll wait to see if they'll fix this on Windows or not, since the game is not enjoyable in this state for me.

11. serbog

serbog Active Member
    Regular

I just downloaded the new patch and it seems that there is more stuttering than there was before. I too was experiencing stuttering before the patch, but this time it's really annoying to play. It doesn't make it unplayable, but it really gets on my nerves. There are also a big fps drops, on some parts of the map I get 20-30 fps. I hope that they fix whatever it is.

12. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have not experience anything worst, just some little problem to solve.

13. killamch89

killamch89 Well-Known Member
    Regular

We all experienced this but Epic Games has now rectified the issues and have "bribed" us with gifts. To be honest, I wasn't having any issues before the patch and I am glad everything is back to normal for the most part. If they could do some fine-tuning on their weapon accuracy that would be great.

14. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I can confirm that the stuttering is gone now (for me at least). I did change my video card, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

15. aveli

aveli Well-Known Member
    Regular

I actually feel like the stuttering increases with the new updates. At first I thought that a there was something wrong with the hardware, but after searching tirelessly online for solutions, I found that I'm not alone. I think it is a server issue.

16. Albert Bryant

Albert Bryant Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah I was having problems while playing but now its fine!

17. aveli

aveli Well-Known Member
    Regular

It has been a while since I checked it out but if the issue has been fixed, then I might return pretty soon.

18. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes I've experienced that too, and I can't stand it.

19. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler Well-Known Member
    Regular

Me too.

20. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly.