Android vs iOS vs Windows Phone

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Catalyst64, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Catalyst64

Catalyst64 Well-Known Member

Which one do you have? Do you like it? Which one do you actually prefer and would like to have? I've always been interesting in what other people think about today's mobile technology. Let us know.

2. Starist

Starist Member

I've quite enjoyed my Android ever since I first received it. I'm not sure why, but it might be because I'm used to it and it's all I have. I don't have any experience with iOS or any other phone types. I'm simply just happy with what I've got. However, everyone I've known has Apple phones.

3. Catalyst64

Catalyst64 Well-Known Member

I am in the same situation as you are. I am used to having an Android phone. My mom has an iPhone and they have always struck me as very complex and non-user-friendly. The whole structure of the phone is fairly hard to understand. You can't freely access your battery or even your SIM card? I know Apple is a huge company and I respect them for everything they have ever made, but I myself prefer an Android phone over Apple products. Google Play is very easily accessible. The only thing that, in my opinion, makes the App Store a good place, is the community. The app developers really put a lot of effort in what they make. Windows Phones - I don't really feel like talking about it. It's a fairly new product and I've never had one. A friend of mine has an HTC Windows Phone and it's not really my type of thing. The interface is very different than what I've gotten used to. Most of the good games and applications are not supported by Windows Phones. However, I might be wrong, as I have never really had such phone on my own, so I should not say anything more.

4. dugu

dugu Member

I have gone through so many phones over the last few years it is really hard to keep up. Right now I have a Nokia 920 and finding apps that work, let alone games I like seems to be really hard.

5. Rizzio

Rizzio Active Member

I had a ipod touch. It was great. I jail broke it and the possibilities were endless. I really loved it. I got my first droid and I rooted it expecting a jail broken kind of feel. Completely different. From that Day I absolutely feel in love with the droid.

6. kaineparker

kaineparker Active Member

iOS. I started with the iPod and now have an iPad. I guess I'm just loyal. I love that they have the most amount of apps too, which doesn't hurt at all.

7. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Android all the way. It provides a lot more customization and optimization. I'd go for an Android any day if given the choice.. if the iOS device wasn't jailbroken. My iPhone is currently jailbroken and the jailbreak community is so awesome that I'd go for iOS any day if it was jailbroken. :D

8. MrMoose

MrMoose Active Member

iOS. I prefer it because it offers a lot of customization with jailbroken features. If you aren't going to jailbreak, I'd recommend android.

9. Mystasia

Mystasia Member

I can't really get into playing games on my phone. I would hate to be somewhere, and the battery is worn out. That's the only thing that bugs me.

10. Seraphina

Seraphina Member

I am an Android person all the way. My dad has an iPhone and I don't think it is at all user friendly. I currently have a Galaxy S5 and I'm pretty happy with it. I think I'll be sticking with Samsung when my upgrade rolls around next summer.

11. aveli

aveli Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm trying to get the samsung s8 hopefully. Right now I'm using Blackberry Keyone which is pretty great.

12. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

If not the PC, I would prefer to play my games on a nice phone such as android phones.

13. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think these days Android is more than enough to get things done. I hope the remix PC project continues. I am sure we would do lot of things better that way.

14. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have used both IOS and Android phones and both of them are reliable. But mostly i play on my android because of flexibility on apps and games. On the other hand, i still have never used a Windows phone. It's not that i don't like their phones, it maybe just because i never had a Windows unit.

15. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have both Android and Ios phones. They are both good depending on my needs. I don't experience having a Windows phone yet. As for Android and Ios, Android is better when it comes of downloading free games. While Ios is good when playing high capacity games. They are both good in such ways.

16. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

Windows mobile is dead. And windows is no longer going to be into the mobile business. So you can see that this is indeed going to have different view on many things. I hope that people move on to Android.

17. crazylexy

crazylexy Member
    Regular

Android because of Xiaomi - Price/Specs ratio is killing everything

18. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have both Android and IOS and they work perfectly in terms of personal and other features. When it comes to gaming i'm much more into android because its easy to personalize and basically just install & play.

19. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have bought one too. I've got Xiaomi 4x and it is a lit. The price is very affordable yet the specs is amazing. Xiaomi is a low price phone with High quality performance.

20. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just love playing in mobile phone.