Quantcast

A Warcraft 4?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by tinybutnotfangless, Mar 22, 2014.

1. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

Don't get excited! There is no Warcraft 4. However, do you think Blizzard should continue their Warcraft RTS and create a fourth game? If so, what would you like to see for it?

I guess if they do create it, they would make the multiplayer aspect similar to Starcraft II.

2. sidd230

sidd230 Well-Known Member

No, not at all. I hate games and I hate Warcraft. I also hate Half-Life and hope they never make Half-Life 3. I also hope they never make any more movies, ever.

3. tinybutnotfangless

Well that's weird. If you hate games, then why are you at a gaming forum? Also, what does the Warcraft franchise have anything to do with Half Life? They're made by different companies.

Lastly, how can you hate a game so much? Did it do something to you family forcibly? Did it take away your rights and freedoms? Did it lie to you and took something you cherished?

4. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Back on topic. A Warcraft 4 would have a hard time to co-exist with WoW, since both games would be progressing the lore. Either WoW needs to stop being updated, or Warcraft 4 must use an entirely different timeline. I'd personally like to see Warcraft 1 remade as I never had the opportunity to play that game.

tinybutnotfangless likes this.
  5. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

If Blizz would create a Warcraft 4 and modernize it like they did with Starcraft II, it would be a must buy for me. I really loved what they did with Starcraft II and I think the Warcraft franchise needs a make-over like that, or at least, they should move it away from WoW and try to do something new with it.

6. sidd230

You know there is this thing called sarcasm. I thought it was quite obvious. The last line should have given it away.

7. tinybutnotfangless

I would suggest next time, you end your sarcasm with a wink. Eg: ^_~

Textual sarcasm is normally lost in the wake of semi-serious discussions, especially with strangers.

8. sidd230

" I also hope they never make any more movies, ever."

Come on man. Can't get anymore obvious than that.

9. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I really hope that they make a 4. I really enjoyed 3 and think along with Starcraft, it is one of the greatest series EVER.

10. Lostvalleyguy

Lostvalleyguy Well-Known Member

The first 3 warcraft games were sort of a lead in to WoW. Now that WoW has moved the storyline along, a warcraft 4 might be difficult to create in terms of paralleling the story line and moving it forward. It would not have to parallel WoW, but people who have played both might see the two diverge. I think it would be nice to see a Warcraft 4 though.

11. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

A thing they're way too focused with just maintaining WoW, so I really doubt we will be seeing a Warcraft 4 anytime soon. Hell, it's probably more likely of them to just release WoW2 once WoW starts dying out.

12. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

Well following the release of 'Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void' people will be asking for another Blizzard RTS. They either come up with a new franchise (yea right, look how well that worked out for TITAN) or return to Warcraft. I've not really been much of a fan of the Warcraft franchise. I played 2, 3, and a little hearthstone but I've avoided WoW. I feel like if they do make another Warcraft RTS it will be heavily influenced by WoW and that may drive people who havent played WoW away. It has been 17 years since they last had a new franchise, and that was Starcraft.

13. Blizzard is just focusing too much on World of Warcraft. They need to balance their focus on all their games. And since there are already two new games from them coming out (Heroes of the Storm & Overwatch) I do not think there will be any Warcraft 4 for the next, maybe.. five to ten years? There is still a possibility though.

14. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I wouldn't mind seeing a Warcraft 4. I do love those types of games after all. I doubt it's going to happen any time soon, though.

15. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

A Warcraft 4 would be nice but I agree it would work better with a parallel timeline.

16. Bluesman

Bluesman Member

I don't think that W4 is a possibility, not for another 10 years or so. They are trying out new stuff - the shooters and MOBA and all. And they wouldn't want to create a comptetitor for StarCraft 2 in terms of RTS games, that would be just shooting their own foot. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even release W3 if they had known how big of a scene and following, especially in Korea, the StarCraft is gonna get.

17. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Blame the success of World of Warcraft for this one folks.

Warcraft 3 was extremely successful no question. But when they experimented with World of Warcraft they literally abandoned the games RTS roots altogether.

18. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Blizzard has said for years they wouldn't abandon their rts ideas for Warcraft. But they're full of crap. Not only are we not getting a Warcraft 4, but when was the last time Warcraft 3 even got an expansion?