10 Years of Leeroy

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by jayres, May 12, 2015.

1. jayres

jayres Member

It has been 10 years since Leeroy wrecked havoc in the Upper Blackrock Spire. The video has had 43 million views and has become famous amongst WoW and non-WoW players alike. I can't believe that it was ten years ago.

I am still dubious as to how legit the actual event was, but it was still pretty damn entertaining. To be honest, I can't think of a gaming video that has become so widespread amongst gamers of all genres.

^ The video for anyone who has been living under a digital rock for the past decade.

2. Escoda

Escoda Member

10 years already?! I still remember seeing it for the first time, waiting at that exact place running UBRS for the first time with my guild and my friend shows it to me. The urge to do the same was quite big, could've easily done it and Vanished as a Rogue.

3. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wow, it's been ten years since that famous video came out. How times flies by. I never played World of Warcraft, but that video and events transpired has permeated through many genres part and outside of MMOs. I remember countless references to Leeroy in books, media, and other games over the last decade.

4. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Well-Known Member

10 Years? Really? I'm getting old. We used to joke about Leeroy in EQ2 before I even came to World of Warcraft. Anybody that raids knows a Leeroy I think. It is hilarious when it's not your own group.

5. Zarentu

Zarentu Active Member

The event was all planned sadly, but I mean it still was funny to watch it. Because that is exactly what some people do in raids to be funny. I admire him for doing something like that, because back then the repair bill wasn't a lot and you could fool around like that.

JohnBeaulieu likes this.