Quantcast

Your first Dragon Age game

Discussion in 'Dragon Age' started by ConureKeeper1990, Aug 14, 2015.

1. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

Hey everyone.

Which Dragon Age game was your first? Did you start off in Origins, or did a later game get you interested in the whole series? I started in Dragon Age: Origins. It interested me enough to buy all of its expansions, DA II, and DA: Inquisition. I have also read three of the books.

What can I say, I love the world of Dragon Age, even though it can be a very cruel place. It's not unlike the real world, I suppose.

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I started off with Origins and even paid for the autographed Guidebook which was the real nice touch to the game. I ignored the second part and went into Dragon Age 2 and I'm now playing the latest one, which I consider to be the best.

3. guruproto

guruproto Active Member Regular

I started with Origins but couldn't bring myself to finish it. Now, Origins was not a bad game; in fact, many hardcore fans believe it was better than Dragon Age 2. The problem was that I started Origins and stopped midway through. I loved the setting and the characters, but I felt that the combat system, although wonderfully strategic and tactical, was far too slow and sluggish. After a couple of years, Dragon Age 2 was released. I played it and fell in love. Despite its flaws, the combat system was fluid and more fun that the previous Dragon Age. The visuals were also charming. After beating it, I was so spoiled by the combat and art style that I couldn't be bothered with Origin's slow paced gameplay.

4. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I like Dragon Age Origins as the choices are well done, but some could of been done better like with Leske in the Dwarf Commoner, could of been an option to let him join you in the fight against Jarvia. I liked how each character you have is different and also how choices can affect them and liked this game better than the second one, which seemed like a prequel to the first as the combat and story was not good. The game had conflicted characters like Howe and Loghain, who were doing things for the better of the country, in the wrong ways and did many bad things to get to the top.

5. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Dragon Age 2 was my very first DA game I ever played. It was good but I haven't seen Origins and a week later I bought Origins and played it. It was much better than 2 and kinda disappointed because it was really not good.

6. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member Regular

I started off with Origins on the Xbox 360 and was somewhat disappointing. The gameplay seemed very clunky and the controls were awkward. Then later they were offering it on Origin for free on PC. WOW. The difference is night and day. I fell in love with the game immediately. Everything about it just made way more sense on PC.

7. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Origins. Got it for the PS3 when it first came out. Didn't know a thing about it, either - I just needed to give my parents some ideas for my birthday and it looked decent. Wound up loving it to death, though I have to agree with TheRedCap that it's substantially better on PC.

8. elchobo

elchobo Member Regular

Seems like almost everyone started off with Dragon Age: Origins... I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I didn't touch any game in the series until Dragon Age: Inquisition, which I played on PlayStation 4.
    Now, I did enjoy DA:I quite a lot, but not enough for me to go back and play the older games in the series.
    Although, my girlfriend LOVES DA:I, and she did go back and play them and I watched some of the gameplay in those games, but they just didn't seem like something I wanted to play.

I may take TheRedCap's advice and try out Dragon Age: Origins on the PC because I had watched her play it on the Xbox 360 and it looked outdated and clunky.
    With that though, I am familiar with the modding communities for Bethesda games, but does anyone know if Dragon Age: Origin has some good modding support? Mainly environmental and texture improvements.

9. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I don't think Origins had quite so robust a modding community behind it, but it's popular enough to have a fair number of tweaks to the game to make it better. I think graphical mods constitute the bulk of what you'll find if you go looking for patches.

10. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

My first Dragon Age game was Dragon Age: Origins on Xbox 360. I got all of the expansions and have actually finished the game once. I have Dragon Age 2 but I have yet to play it, because I don't really like my character in Origins, so I want to start over and won't play DA2 until I do... I really should just play Dragon Age 2 and move on, lol.

11. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

Dragon Age Inquisition was my first Dragon Age game, haha. I've been watching my friends play all the DA games for years though. I've not been playing it too much though, only when my main MMO has maintenance.

12. IgCho

IgCho Active Member Regular

Origins was my first game in the series. I was taken by the writing and a lot of the characters, but I don't think I ever finished it. I got back into the series with Inquisition though and it was one of my favorite games of last year. I've actually beaten it multiple times at this point.

13. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member Regular

My first Dragon Age game was Origin. I got it off of my gamefly back in the day and didn't think I would get into it. I was totally wrong. I was immediately hooked by the characters, the story and the open world. I spent probably 200 hours playing Origins and became an immediate fan of the Dragon Age series. I have played all the games since then and Inquisition was by far one of my favorite games of 2014. I love that in Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition that you character actually talks when you select their dialog. It added some dimension to your character. They didn't do that in Origins. I just love huge open world games and the lore that comes with them. I love learning about their world and the characters. I can't wait for a new Dragon Age!! I'm sure it will be even better than Inquisition.

14. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I played Origins first. Loved it, played it a few more times. Then tackled 2 then Inquisition. It's my favorite trilogy and will always be close to my heart.