Quantcast

Your favorite Diablo game

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Meridia, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Is it even a contest at this point? Diablo was a great introduction to the series and has a cool story, but it was Diablo 2 that really defined the series. It had the best story, the best gameplay, and fun little additions. When I was little, I loved going to the secret cow level. Diablo 3 is okay, but I dunno I think it just lost some of it's magic/edge somewhere along the line. I do like killing the rainbow goblins though because their levels are funny.

2. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

It would have to be #2. I think that it was simply the best one: they nailed everything, from the atmosphere to the gameplay. I am a bit biased, though, as that's the one I started out with, and the one which gave me the most beautiful memories.

On a close second comes #3 with Reaper of Souls. Really fun game.

3. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 Well-Known Member Regular

Diablo two is the winner, even one was good. The only reason that one and two had that touch was because the programming team that worked on one and two were like the best, but then when making three those people were fired and they hired a new staff on to play three which is why it turned out the way it did.

4. MRZ

MRZ Member

I'm in the Diablo 2 crowd as well, I started with it, put an insane amount of time into it, and will still come back to it ever so often. After playing Diablo 2 first I could never get to interested in the first. The third was a let down to me for so many reasons, I haven't had the chance to try out the expansion though, which hopefully change my view on the game when I get around to it.

5. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

Diablo 2 has become a real classic in my household along with StarCraft. It's just a no-hassle adventure game with different classes, weapon options and diverse maps, it's timeless. My sister loves it and she plays a necromancer.

6. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

Diablo II was awesome. However, I really enjoyed Diablo III as well. Hard to pick a favorite, but, I'd stay DIII by a smidge.

7. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member Regular

The second diablo hands down, nostalgia always has the last word. I loved playing melancholy music on headphone while playing online late at night. Good times.

8. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

Looks like the majority like d2 over d3. Is anyone else here looking forward to the next ladder reset soon?

9. p4lse

p4lse Active Member Regular

Diablo 2 is the best. I loved the storyline and the narrative was spectacular. Not to mention that the characters were probably the best to ever exist. I loved Barbarian in particular.

10. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member Regular

I only own and play the 3rd, so that's kind of my favorite. I've heard the 2nd game was really good, so if I ever come across it on sale I might have to get it.

11. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I've never played Diablo 3 but I've played a ton of Diablo 2 back in the day, even with the expansions. So I'm gonna say... Diablo 2. :p

12. Brennen

Brennen Member

Hands down Diablo 2. Diablo 2 was the first game in the series I played and I fell in love. I still return each year to play through. Running cow levels is my bread and butter.

13. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member Regular

Diablo 1 is how my husband and I dated. We would stay in and play it on his original Playstation. Diablo III, I truly wanted to love, but it just......needed something? I can't put my finger on it, but there was a something missing.

14. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I've heard that the expansions really helped that game grow and it got better with them. So maybe that's what's missing? :D

15. Nkara

Perhaps. I've considered picking it back up to see if that's it.

16. Nkara

Okay, so I finished the original Diablo III last night. That's....it? Tell me that it's better with expansions, because I'm slightly underwhelmed.

17. leahcim132

leahcim132 Well-Known Member Regular

Unlike most people I enjoy playing Diablo 3. It's the only version I played and as a new player to the Diablo series, it is really fun. There should be more features though as the end game is a bit stale but at least we got seasons now.

18. Nkara

It was enjoyable, leahcim, don't get me wrong. I just thought the end was a little....soon. And not as complicated as before. The first two Diablos were difficult, I remember taking a few days (and dozens of attempts) to beat Diablo on them both. This one, I walked in and boom. Done.

The graphics were far superior in 3, the storyline was good, too. I just wish there was....more...to the base without expansions.

19. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Is it overkill to say Diablo II at this point? I actually quite enjoyed Diablo III as well and think a lot of criticism is unfounded.

20. Nkara

Diablo II was good, except for it killed my first desktop's motherboard, lol. Oops. But, it could also be because it was a Compaq (com-crap, more like it), and 1998 hardware just couldn't hack a y2k game. :)